User Avatar Image

Why are so many mad that ***** died?

posted by adam86shadow on - last edited - Viewed by 299 users

I mean it is a zombie story, happy endings aren't exactly known. Not to mention it's Walking Dead, a series known for it's blunt approach to killing characters regardless.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Kae

I wasn't too mad about anyone dying, except Kenny, ironically, because in my particular story, it felt really...weak, the way he went out. He didn't die heroically saving Ben (because I dropped that freakin' dead weight in the belltower, but I digress), so he "died" saving Christa, but because his death was off-camera, it felt a bit odd. Kenny has been there from the start, and through a lot of really rough stuff, so I was sad to see him go, but that itself was fine. It's just...the way he goes out in the Christa ending felt really hollow and pointless. I mean, getting chased into the dark by a bunch of zombies? It just felt really weird for some reason I am not able to articulate very well.

• @Kae said: I wasn't too mad about anyone dying, except Kenny, ironically, because in my particular story, it felt really...weak, the way he went out. He didn't die heroically saving Ben (because I dropped that freakin' dead weight in the belltower, but I digress), so he "died" saving Christa, but because his death was off-camera, it felt a bit odd. Kenny has been there from the start, and through a lot of really rough stuff, so I was sad to see him go, but that itself was fine. It's just...the way he goes out in the Christa ending felt really hollow and pointless. I mean, getting chased into the dark by a bunch of zombies? It just felt really weird for some reason I am not able to articulate very well.

imagine if lee went out like that :eek:

• @thestalkinghead said: imagine if lee went out like that :eek:

Like dying like a chump handcuffed to a radiator is a better death.

@thestalkinghead said: i cant think of a satisfying conclusion to the story that isn't either lee dying or such a happy ending it would be wrong

What's so odd about Lee surviving season one? Doesn't mean he's going to live forever and it doesn't have to be a happy ending with rainbows and unicorns, either. Rick Grimes didn't die yet and nobody is complaining about that, or am I wrong? I don't get why you folks are so obsessed with Lee ending up dead.

Can't a black guy survive one season, or what?

The Clementine cliffhanger is as retarded as any similar ending can be. Dunno why a happy ending or a cliffhanger with Lee and Clem would make you more mad than the current one.

• @shedim said: dying handcuffed to a radiator is a better death.

Yes ;)

• I'm sad that Lee died because the relationship between him and Clem is now effectively over. They started the apocalypse together. It's just sad that he had to be killed off.

• @shedim said: Like dying like a chump handcuffed to a radiator is a better death.

What's so odd about Lee surviving season one? Doesn't mean he's going to live forever and it doesn't have to be a happy ending with rainbows and unicorns, either. Rick Grimes didn't die yet and nobody is complaining about that, or am I wrong? I don't get why you folks are so obsessed with Lee ending up dead.

Can't a black guy survive one season, or what?

The Clementine cliffhanger is as retarded as any similar ending can be. Dunno why a happy ending or a cliffhanger with Lee and Clem would make you more mad than the current one.

it wouldn't be an ending to me if it was a cliffhanger, it would be like the ending of episode 4, if the season had ended there would you be mad?

a happy ending would obviously be easier to accept but tears trump a smile for an ending so that would not have been as good as the ending we have

• @shedim said:

Frankly, I left the comics because of this reason. Kirkman is going to keep Rick alive for the longest period of time.

• @shedim said: Just imagine Rick getting bit in the 4th comic and dying in the 5th and all the following episodes are all about his not-so-cool kid. That dies in issue #10 only to be replaced by somebody else, who ends up dead 5 issues later, only to be replaced by....I think you got the point. Would be kinda lame, wouldn't it?

That's my point exactly. Yes, you can kill off all the characters all the time - but eventually, your audience will stop caring because your whole series becomes a series of disconnected narratives.

And, after all, unless you keep rewinding in time and starting at day 0, any living survivor has lasted the entire time, so it's not fair to say that everyone dies in a zombie apocalypse.

So, yes, you can kill off every character anytime you want, but you probably shouldn't.

• @Zeruis said: Frankly, I left the comics because of this reason. Kirkman is going to keep Rick alive for the longest period of time.

They seem to be building up to Carl replacing him.

• I kinda like the fact that no-one is untouchable, but i don't want to see it being abused. It's like eating a shit load of cake, just because you can doesn't mean you should, otherwise you'll be sick of cake, and no-one wants to be sick of cake!

Add Comment