User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.1K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just really want to see Omid and Christa be in it and meet up with Clem. I didn't like either one at first, but quickly grew to love both.

• Clementine and company in the Second Season -

This may sound a little bizarre, for that I apologize, but basically the idea is this... you know how Lee was older and wiser and took care of Clementine while they were together?

Well... what if the shadow figures on the hill are 'zombies'? And so Clementine runs away, getting into the trees and loses them, she comes across a house, where things are quiet, so she checks it out cautiously, she has already loaded the gun, when she slowed down and came up to the house which is almost a cabin, not very large, isolated and out in the woods, when she goes into the kitchen she hears whimpering, a very soft almost crying.

She goes to the cabinet and slowly opens the door and sees a young child, perhaps 5 years old or so, boy? girl? Not sure at this point, but what the main idea of this idea is, is that Clementine becomes the main character and not the ward of another adult character that takes Lee's place, but 'she' actually takes Lee's place and helps someone younger and more inexperienced than her.

Also, in the first season we moved from group to group, meaning we had new people join us and we joined them, until at the end, there was no one left except Clementine. (Omid and Christa's fate is unknown, and I know that many things were 'not' expressly shown, so they become indefinite too, but until things are shown to have survived, I am going with the theory, that Clementine is the only one left alive.)

But rather than have a re-tread of the first season 'feel and formula', it would be nice to take a completely different track in the second season, and what I think would be very cool, with a different feel and flavor completely, would be to have Clementine and Sally be the main protagonists, they sneak around the woods and out onto the highway, moving away from the city, with Clementine telling Sally as they go, "We have to stay out of the cities, it'll be safer that way... fewer walkers to worry about..."

Perhaps other characters come into the story, people Clementine and Sally see at a distance, or who they see camped and talking, but don't interact with directly, because if they do, the arc devolves into the adults either taking care of, of taking advantage of the children's situation. Which may present a problem to be gotten around in the story for Clementine and Sally, with them getting untied and escaping back into the woods alone. Or rescuing a twenty something woman and her baby that the group was using as walker bait.

With the twenty something young woman almost out of her head, but minimally so, it might be Clementine and Sally that take care of the woman and her baby, more than the woman taking care of them.

I think with a small group that has only a few 'other people' encounters changes the flavor of the story a lot, and if the problems change to environmental challenges instead of other people doing things... Like, ok, we got chased up onto the roof of this house by walkers, how do we get to anther house, and out of the neighborhood?

Or we got into this store to find some canned baby formula, but now there are raiders coming into the front of the building, how do we get away unseen?

By having a small group and a change of emphasis from group decisions involving people that come into and out of the group, then we change how it feels when we play it, and it gives us a different side, of how things could go for people if they were out there in the world in a zombie apocalypse. Not everyone is going to be in a group. It may make the story slower, if Clementine and company have to spend a lot of time 'thinking' about how to do things, instead of reacting, but maybe with a smaller group they have to be 'smarter' about things, ya know? :) Just my two cents, but I think it could be both fun and different.

-Teal

• if christa and omid are in season 2, and we play one of them, i think it would most likely be omid, because christa has given to many opinions on important things while Omid wasn't really in it as much a christa and Omid never gave a strong opinion on anything unless his intention was to amuse

• I think the story will revolve around clementine and Molly.
    Molly probably saves clementine and Omid and Christia are probably searching for her.

Because they said they were going to the "Country side" that is probably where they go looking. Clementine will probably be a little older maybe in her teens.

The main protagonist might be molly to replace lee.

• @xxswatelitexx said: I think the story will revolve around clementine and Molly.
    Molly probably saves clementine and Omid and Christia are probably searching for her.

Because they said they were going to the "Country side" that is probably where they go looking. Clementine will probably be a little older maybe in her teens.

The main protagonist might be molly to replace lee.

Won't be older, that would require the game to take place further in time then where the comics are at. I don't think Molly will replace Lee, she has an established personality.

• If they decide to follow other characters, it might be interesting to see a story take place during the winter months. That'd offer something very different.

• @CrazyandProud said: Won't be older, that would require the game to take place further in time then where the comics are at. I don't think Molly will replace Lee, she has an established personality.

I think that an older Clem would also violate any deals with Kirkman - I doubt he would like to skip his own work several years, so no.

We will either see Omid, Christa and Clem as a new group with either playable, or an entire new protagonist, which I would prefer.

This is simple: There is a timeline in the comic that has run for X months/years, beginning with the outbreak at let's call it day 0. At that time Rick was in hospital and Lee on his way to prison. But, they weren't the only people affected by the otubreak - there were people all over the world dying and fighting for their survival - so why stick to a small group we have already learned to love, hate and is also severely depleted? In Georgia, when there's a whole world in danger?

A lot can be made with a zombie outbreak, like how it goes in a hospital in Germany, on a fishing boat outside Iceland, 'riots' in Seattle, saving a school full of kids in Mexico... The possibilities are endless - and as an added bonus, most countries have a lot more restrictive weapon laws than the US, so finding guns and ammo will be a MUCH larger problem in such countries.

I think TTG went the right way by making this game a) more about relations and b) using the zombies as scares, so that's not a problem - and neither is the people, since we know TTG can write good and engaging characters with believble personalities.

So, I think the Lee and Clementine story has run its course, despite the sequel hook set up.

Please TTG, let us see new characters in a new story arc.

• @CrazyandProud said: Won't be older, that would require the game to take place further in time then where the comics are at. I don't think Molly will replace Lee, she has an established personality.

Molly mysteriously left at the end of Episode 4.
    She also knows the city well and we know she hasn't left the city with the other group.

Which means more then likely she still would be in the city when all it all goes to hell. I wouldn't be surprised if she finds clementine wandering around. She would definitively save her and not let he die off.

----

I think they may play clementine like a replacement for Mollys sister who died. And Clementine looks to molly as a promintent female figure she could emulate. But I feel that Molly thinks she isn't good enough to take care of Clementine, so they look for a family for her.
    The ideal family is of course Omid and That other lady. They probably searched for clementine and had to leave because things went to hell. Molly probably thinks the city is too much salvaged out and agrees to help clementine to find omid.

Episode 1 of Season 2 would probably be trying to find them in the city, and finally leaving for the country. They may kill off molly in episode 1 season 2. An leave you with omid just to piss people off :P

• @xxswatelitexx said: Molly mysteriously left at the end of Episode 4.
    She also knows the city well and we know she hasn't left the city with the other group.

Which means more then likely she still would be in the city when all it all goes to hell. I wouldn't be surprised if she finds clementine wandering around. She would definitively save her and not let he die off.

----

I think they may play clementine like a replacement for Mollys sister who died. And Clementine looks to molly as a promintent female figure she could emulate. But I feel that Molly thinks she isn't good enough to take care of Clementine, so they look for a family for her.
    The ideal family is of course Omid and That other lady. They probably searched for clementine and had to leave because things went to hell. Molly probably thinks the city is too much salvaged out and agrees to help clementine to find omid.

Episode 1 of Season 2 would probably be trying to find them in the city, and finally leaving for the country. They may kill off molly in episode 1 season 2. An leave you with omid just to piss people off :P

I am still standing by it being a new character we have yet to meet. Molly might show up, but since there is an established personality for her, it would difficult to shape her like we did with Lee.

• I have a feeling that when lee "died" he might not become a zombie and maybe if clementine left him he could of found clem after fighting his way out of savanah or if clementine shot maybe she shot just above his head and said I"im sorry lee i cant do this" and about lees possibly lost arm it could start with him having no arm already or him cutting it off, lee being the protagnist i dont think is likely but lee is definitly the protagnist or deurotagnist but i think most likely its gonna be omid/christa as main character for Season 2

Add Comment