User Avatar Image

Did anyone notice...

posted by NickelPoisoning on - last edited - Viewed by 284 users

Did anyone notice that Christa drank a heck of a lot of whiskey while up in the attic? Now im not a doctor but i believe drinking alcohol while pregnant is a no no. Does this mean she tried to kill her baby or harm it otherwise? Wth?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BlackPaladin said: She chugged that bottle like a frat boy at a party.....
    That certainly wasn't a "little" or "moderation."

yeah kenny was shocked at how much she drank

• Well my scumbag Lee certainly thinks she was, almost told Omid in that scene. Come to think of it shouldn't he have smelled the Whiskey on her after? Whiskey certainly is one of the stronger smelling liquors.

• @Yertos said: Well my scumbag Lee certainly thinks she was, almost told Omid in that scene. Come to think of it shouldn't he have smelled the Whiskey on her after? Whiskey certainly is one of the stronger smelling liquors.

i think he may have smelled it and she lied about it, cause you can ask her later if she is ok cause of the thing that happened in the attic and Omid sort of sounded annoyed when he asked what thing.

so maybe he mentioned the smell and christa just said it must be kenny cause he had some (or whatever they said)

• Doubt that much alcohol would have that much of an adverse effect on the fetus, perhaps none at all.
    @Yertos said: Guys, if you choose Kenny to take Clem, then tell Omid and Christa to find Clem a capable family, it sorta plays out like this:

Omid: "We're capable."
    Lee: "You sure about that? Cause it seems like you and your girlfriend might have different ideas."
    Christa: "Lee!"
    Omid: "What's he talking about?"
    Christa: "Nothing nevermind."

Pretty sure Lee is talking about when Christa chugged back the whiskey, at first I didn't think much of it but what if she really was trying to harm or kill the baby, despite Omid's intentions? Lee might be implying Christa doesn't want a family.
    That conversation happened before she chugged the alcohol, no?

• @Ringthane said: A little bit of alcohol in moderation is supposedly medically OK for fetuses.

Supposedly ok according to whom? To my knowledge they have no idea what level of alcohol intake is "safe" vs how much it takes to cause harm (seriously how could they ethically perform a study for that). Intake of drugs or alcohol at any point during pregnancy is a gamble at best.

• @donmike84 said: she deverse a drink give her a break the amount she drank would not harm her baby

What if it was a single line of cocaine, or one hit off of a crack pipe? Would you still say it's not that much, I'm sure the baby will be fine? I don't want to get to serious (it's a game after all) but there is no way of knowing how much is safe.

• It seemed like she drank the alcohol because Kenny gave her a suspicious look. It seems like she still doesn't want people to know that she is pregnant.

It's kind of interesting how Christa supposedly still wanted to keep the fact that she was "walking for two" a secret. Does she still not completely trust the group? Or is it something she just doesn't want to worry others with. Perhaps she just doesn't want to be treated differently.

Also trust me, that much alcohol wont have much of an adverse effect on the pregnancy, if any at all.

• @CarScar said:

Also trust me, that much alcohol wont have much of an adverse effect on the pregnancy, if any at all.

No offense, but what are your credentials?

• @Eric Northman said: No offense, but what are your credentials?

Christa drank maybe three units of alcohol, perhaps less. Although it's recommended a pregnant lady should not consume more than two units of alcohol, assuming this is the only time she will drink again (until after the pregnancy) it shouldn't be a risk.

Although, I suppose, if she's only been pregnant for less than three months her drinking may actually be a danger to the baby's well-being. Chances are it wont be though.

• @CarScar said: Christa drank maybe three units of alcohol, perhaps less. Although it's recommended a pregnant lady should not consume more than two units of alcohol, assuming this is the only time she will drink again (until after the pregnancy) it shouldn't be a risk.

Although, I suppose, if she's only been pregnant for less than three months her drinking may actually be a danger to the baby's well-being. Chances are it wont be though.

a shot of whiskey is about 1 unit of alcohol she chugged like a whole glass, defiantly more than 2 units consumed

Add Comment