User Avatar Image

What the F***, Kenny?!!

posted by WhiterNinja on - last edited - Viewed by 644 users

:spoil-o:
Okay, now I just wanna start off by saying that I really liked Kenny (as most people do, I hear) during episode 1, hell he got on my nerves a bit at the end bit of Ep.2 where he chicken-shited out in the barn while I almost took Danny's rifle to the face, and I of course felt for the poor guy in ep.3, we all know what happened there so I won't bother retelling it... I just finished playing through ep.4 and Kenny told me that he refused to help me rescue Clementine because I've proven that I'm all about saving myself... SAVING MYSELF?!!? The guy who's bit and STILL wants to save a little kid even though he knows that he's going to die soon does NOT strike me as selfish, Kenny!

So I started thinking what could have set this way of thinking off for old Ken? We were basically BFFs right up until... Ep.2!! :eek:
All right, now I'm pissed, I saved Kenny's son Duck from walkers on Hershal's farm, I defended his whole family from that asshole Larry in the drugstore, I fed his son and Clem the rations at the start of ep.2 (which he said was great), I saved his wife AND his son from the St. John's brothers and their crazy ass mom, I told both Kenny AND his wife about my past to show that I trusted them, I fed and looked out for Duck AGAIN after he got bit at the Motor Inn, I killed not one, but TWO kid walkers so far because Kenny couldn't do it (truth be told I didn't want him to shoot his son though, that really is something that no parent should have to do, so I'll let that one slide), and I'M the bad guy here?!!? WHY?! Because I decided that I wouldn't murder Larry in cold blood until I was SURE that he couldn't be saved?! That's why you won't help me save an eight year old girl from what I'm pretty sure is either a petophial or a killer? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Kenny! (by the way, every time I say his name I say it like Cartman from South Park, just FYI :p)

Okay, got that out of my system now :p, but seriously am I alone in this thought process here? I really want to know because the whole thing seems kind of ridiculous to me at this point in the game.

.... thoughts? :)

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wait, so Kenny gets bashed for comparing being trapped with Lee in the attic to being trapped with Larry in the meat locker? Why the hell wouldn't he do that? Lee was bitten, or are we forgetting that part? It literally was the meat locker all over again. There was no way to get out of the attic and nobody had a gun, at least not a gun with ammo in it. I pretty much agreed with him during his "adult conversation" about what happens if Lee took another spill. Why should Kenny, Christa, Omid, and Ben (Determinant) all die because Lee doesn't want to? Hell, he even grabs the statue and hurls it at the wall, in the complete oposite direction of Lee.

    And why does he get demonized for trying to save someone's life? He actually DID try to fight the walkers and save Ben. He jumps down into the room with no thought when Christa is in danger and actually does save her life at the cost of his own. Does everybody but Kenny deserve redemption? Does Kenny even get to do anything right without him being demonized for it?

  • @Rock114 said: Wait, so Kenny gets bashed for comparing being trapped with Lee in the attic to being trapped with Larry in the meat locker? Why the hell wouldn't he do that? Lee was bitten, or are we forgetting that part? It literally was the meat locker all over again. There was no way to get out of the attic and nobody had a gun, at least not a gun with ammo in it. I pretty much agreed with him during his "adult conversation" about what happens if Lee took another spill. Why should Kenny, Christa, Omid, and Ben (Determinant) all die because Lee doesn't want to? Hell, he even grabs the statue and hurls it at the wall, in the complete oposite direction of Lee.

    And why does he get demonized for trying to save someone's life? He actually DID try to fight the walkers and save Ben. He jumps down into the room with no thought when Christa is in danger and actually does save her life at the cost of his own. Does everybody but Kenny deserve redemption? Does Kenny even get to do anything right without him being demonized for it?

    Rock114, I think you can have ammo if you haven't wasted all of it.
    I can't get why saving Christa is such a big deal to you. Isn't he the one who pushes Lee and makes him drop the walkie? Isn't Christa the one to actually go down without any questions, fixing the issue the Kenny caused? Yeah, it is good that he fixes his mistake, but nothing more.
    As for Ben death, he could've finished him and survived, thus helping us with Clem instead of just giving up (the opposite of what he was talking about 5 minutes ago).

    QuarterPounderVlad, I don't have anything to say to you. I'm not interested in your personal insults, so don't bother talking to me.

    Wrighty, I think that we have long ago understood that my Lilly and Kenny and yours have almost nothing in common.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Rock114, I think you can have ammo if you haven't wasted all of it.
    I can't get why saving Christa is such a big deal to you. Isn't he the one who pushes Lee and makes him drop the walkie? Isn't Christa the one to actually go down without any questions, fixing the issue the Kenny caused? Yeah, it is good that he fixes his mistake, but nothing more.
    As for Ben death, he could've finished him and survived, thus helping us with Clem instead of just giving up (the opposite of what he was talking about 5 minutes ago).

    QuarterPounderVlad, I don't have anything to say to you. I'm not interested in your personal insults, so don't bother talking to me.

    Wrighty, I think that we have long ago understood that my Lilly and Kenny and yours have almost nothing in common.

    I personally got bored about that Kenny issue so my friend, Yami, please let them not understand what you were talking about. Because it doesn't seem for anyone to get this, as they really couldn't read Kenny right along five long episodes. I'm not expecting them better.

    Everytime the same thing, "Lilly stole the RV", "Lilly killed innocent Carley"...
    So what?

    For Kennylovers, please try to remember the actions of that "Kenny-o-loser" during the whole game. I'm tired to list them here. Maybe then, you can give up mentioning only two sins of Lilly. (which were never influenced my Lee and my playthrough as bad as Kenny's forcing actions and terrible faults).
    Truly, he is not a "guy" to spend so many sentences, but I'm adding happily that I'm grateful he is gone at last.

  • @dukeleto said: I personally got bored about that Kenny issue so my friend, Yami, please let them not understand what you were talking about. Because it doesn't seem for anyone to get this, as they really couldn't read Kenny right along five long episodes. I'm not expecting them better.

    Everytime the same thing, "Lilly stole the RV", "Lilly killed innocent Carley"...
    So what?
    For Kennylovers, please try to remember the actions of that "Kenny-o-loser" during the whole game. I'm tired to list them here. Maybe then, you can give up mentioning only two sins of Lilly. (which were never influenced my Lee and my playthrough as bad as Kenny's forcing actions and terrible faults)


    I honestly think you're the one who doesn't truly understand Kenny.

    I find it hilarious how it seems like you pass off Lilly's "two sins" as if it were nothing. She killed an innocent lady as well as betrayed her group. Those two crimes are a lot worse then anything Kenny has done, in my opinion.

    Mind you I'm saying this as a huge Lilly supporter.

  • @YamiRaziel said: [QUOTE=Rock114;740362]Wait, so Kenny gets bashed for comparing being trapped with Lee in the attic to being trapped with Larry in the meat locker? Why the hell wouldn't he do that? Lee was bitten, or are we forgetting that part? It literally was the meat locker all over again. There was no way to get out of the attic and nobody had a gun, at least not a gun with ammo in it. I pretty much agreed with him during his "adult conversation" about what happens if Lee took another spill. Why should Kenny, Christa, Omid, and Ben (Determinant) all die because Lee doesn't want to? Hell, he even grabs the statue and hurls it at the wall, in the complete oposite direction of Lee.

    And why does he get demonized for trying to save someone's life? He actually DID try to fight the walkers and save Ben. He jumps down into the room with no thought when Christa is in danger and actually does save her life at the cost of his own. Does everybody but Kenny deserve redemption? Does Kenny even get to do anything right without him being demonized for it?


    Rock114, I think you can have ammo if you haven't wasted all of it.
    I can't get why saving Christa is such a big deal to you. Isn't he the one who pushes Lee and makes him drop the walkie? Isn't Christa the one to actually go down without any questions, fixing the issue the Kenny caused? Yeah, it is good that he fixes his mistake, but nothing more.
    As for Ben death, he could've finished him and survived, thus helping us with Clem instead of just giving up (the opposite of what he was talking about 5 minutes ago). ...[/QUOTE]

    Unfortunately it's not possible to keep any ammo. The only one who could possibly save his would be Lee, but he drops his gun climbing the ladder.

    I think it was totally legit of Kenny to bring up the issue. Didn't like the tone of his voice but I would assume the whole groups adrenalin level was way beyond the top at that point, I know mine was.

    The way Kenny (or Lee, depending) threw the statue at the wall showed really well how not to totally crack and kill someone in the heat of the moment, but to vent his aggression and frustration.

  • @CarScar said: I honestly think you're the one who doesn't truly understand Kenny.

    I find it hilarious how it seems like you pass off Lilly's "two sins" as if it were nothing. She killed an innocent lady as well as betrayed her group. Those two crimes are a lot worse then anything Kenny has done, in my opinion.

    Mind you I'm saying this as a huge Lilly supporter.

    Both Lilly and Kenny are flawed. Everybody who knows me here is aware that for me personally, Kenny is much more flawed and annoying.
    You say Lilly kills an innocent lady and betrays her group. Well in my perspective, the group was already betrayed twice. Once by Kenny who killed one of his own (cause it was easier to deal with and it suited his goals better) and by Ben who ruined their home.
    At this point I already knew the group was over.
    You know I might have respected Kenny more if he killed his son right away. He was pretending to be tough and doing the hard decision in ep. 2 but when it came to his family, he was pathetic. He almost let Duck turn on the train. In my book that shows how much of a hypocrite Kenny is. It is easy to kill other people's loved ones and call it survival and having the balls to make tough choices, but when it comes to you, all of a sudden we are looking for a pill that can cure Duck. I'm sorry I can't respect such a man.
    Here is something else to think about. Kenny fucked up really hard (ep.2 ) while being in perfect mental condition.
    Lilly fucked up in (ep. 3) after being dealt a serious of huge traumas (Larry's death, the betrayal of the group, being attack and leaving all the supplies they've been gathering for the past month).

  • @CarScar said: I honestly think you're the one who doesn't truly understand Kenny.

    I find it hilarious how it seems like you pass off Lilly's "two sins" as if it were nothing. She killed an innocent lady as well as betrayed her group. Those two crimes are a lot worse then anything Kenny has done, in my opinion.

    Mind you I'm saying this as a huge Lilly supporter.

    Nope, I don't think so.

    Can you blame that woman for behaving straight? I'm saying again, I'm not supporting Lilly for what she has done BUT I respect her actions because they are pure, unplanned and not slippy.
    She questioned herself about going on with the group and she came to a decision. She decided to run away and she left the group according to some unfortunate chain events. At least she left by herself. Man she made me no trouble. She didn't stick to my ass according to her needs. What if she stayed with my group with her own will and still she made some "how we fucked up", "how it is all going to end", "how clever is drinking" etc. themed speech? God bless she didn't.

    And Kenny? He really really really ruined my whole journey with his annoying discussions. He was always unhappy and he always killed the mood. He was a heavy burden himself to carry around. You'll see what a big problem he is if you simply don't support his thoughts. And whatever you do, you'll not save yourself from his charges, his ungrateful attitude and his suicidal mood.

    Still I can't see Lilly a criminal for what she did, but I see her as a victim of unthrustworthy(Ben), unrespectful(Kenny) and mentalzero(Carley) people around her.
    I'm saying again, as a player none of her actions caused me trouble with my playthrough as Kenny's actions did.
    Mind you I'm saying this as a player who could keep Lee to remain calm with Kenny dialogs during Episode 5.

    @CarScar said: It is easy to kill other people's loved ones and call it survival and having the balls to make tough choices, but when it comes to you, all of a sudden we are looking for a pill that can cure Duck. I'm sorry I can't respect such a man.

    !THIS IS!
    And please add "drinking while a little girl entrusted to his safekeeping was missing" part to that character analysis.

  • @dukeleto said: Nope, I don't think so.

    Do you blame that woman for behaving straight? I'm saying again, I'm not supporting Lilly for what she has done BUT I respect her actions because they are pure, unplanned and not slippy.


    You respect her decision for killing Carley? Really? Her decision to kill Carley was because of a baseless speculation and she insulted her. I know she went through a lot of pain, she deserved time to grieve, but when you put yourself in a position of power you shouldn't act so, for the lack of better words, crazy. That's what it means to be a great leader, you carry through your pain and hardships because you have to look after your group. Just look at Rick Grimes.
    She questioned herself about going on with the group and she came to a decision. She decided and left the group according to some unfortunate chain events.
    It's understandable that she felt that her time with the group has ended. They were never going to forgive her. I mean even Katjaa couldn't forgive her and she's basically a saint. But her stealing the RV was extremely traitorous. What if the group couldn't get the train working? They'd be sitting ducks.

    As Lilly herself puts it:

    "What if [we couldn't get the train running]? It'd be the same as slipping into your bedroom at night and slitting your throat."

    And Kenny? He really really really ruined my whole journey with his annoying discussions. He was always unhappy and he always killed the mood. He was a heavy burden himself to carry around. You'll see what a big problem he is if you simply don't support his thoughts. And whatever you do, you'll not save yourself from his charges, his ungrateful attitude and his suicidal mood.
    I agree, he did make the journey horrible and annoying. I remained mostly neutral during the Kenny / Lilly disputes and didn't help him kill Larry and he still acted like a total bitch too me. I helped save his family countless times and he still treated me like shit. At least he admits that he was a dick though, I really wish Lilly would have done that about what she did too Carley... a simple sorry would have sufficed at least.

    "I could've been a better husband... a better father... could've been a better friend."

    I can't stress this enough, Kenny was not suicidal. He was strongly devoted against the thought. He went out trying to protect the ones he cared about, and in this case it was either Ben or Christa. Yeah he could have just shot Ben and left, but even if there was a sliver of a chance that he could have saved Ben he'd take it. I bet you even if he had two bullets in his gun he would not have shot himself, he'd go out swinging trying to survive. It's demonstrated with his Christa sacrifice, he has more bullets during that scene and he uses them to kill walkers and not on himself.

    "You shouldn't just end it. You stick it out, and help the folks you care about."
    "I either save the kid or I get to see her again."

    Still I can't see Lilly a criminal for what she did, but I see her as a victim of unthrustworthy(Ben), unrespectful(Kenny) and mentalzero(Carley) people around her.
    I'm saying again, as a player none of her actions caused me trouble with my playthrough as Kenny's actions did.
    Mind you I'm saying this as a player who could remain calm with Kenny dialogs during Episode 5.


    I can understand with Ben and Kenny, they both did wrong. Carley though... All she did was defend her friend and herself, does that merit being killed? No. Her killing Carley devastated me... I mean I helped Lilly way more then I helped Kenny and yet she goes against my words ("there's no way it was Carley," "Carley is trustworthy") and shoots her because of an insult. Didn't she know what Carley meant to Lee? You'd think she'd give him the benefit of the doubt after everything I did for her.

    Alas I still like Lilly considerably more than Kenny. At least she wasn't a dick too me all the time.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Both Lilly and Kenny are flawed. Everybody who knows me here is aware that for me personally, Kenny is much more flawed and annoying.
    You say Lilly kills an innocent lady and betrays her group. Well in my perspective, the group was already betrayed twice. Once by Kenny who killed one of his own (cause it was easier to deal with and it suited his goals better) and by Ben who ruined their home.
    At this point I already knew the group was over.
    You know I might have respected Kenny more if he killed his son right away. He was pretending to be tough and doing the hard decision in ep. 2 but when it came to his family, he was pathetic. He almost let Duck turn on the train. In my book that shows how much of a hypocrite Kenny is. It is easy to kill other people's loved ones and call it survival and having the balls to make tough choices, but when it comes to you, all of a sudden we are looking for a pill that can cure Duck. I'm sorry I can't respect such a man.
    Here is something else to think about. Kenny fucked up really hard (ep.2 ) while being in perfect mental condition.
    Lilly fucked up in (ep. 3) after being dealt a serious of huge traumas (Larry's death, the betrayal of the group, being attack and leaving all the supplies they've been gathering for the past month).

    The group as a whole wasn't really betrayed until ep 3 though. It's stretching it to say that Lilly was betrayed let alone the whole group in the meatlocker. Also I can think of perfectly good reasons for killing Larry that involve everyone's safety. Putting Larry and Lilly's feelings before his familys safety would make Kenny a bad father in my eyes. You say he fucked up really hard? Whats worse than killing alive Larry? He about not killing zombie Larry and getting everyoe killed. THATS a much bigger fuckup. And again I can understand why Ben dealt with the bandits: he was scared and he thought they had his friend

    I can't understand why Lilly shoots Carely and steals the RV and its hilarious how people blow off what she did as just two bad things and say its okay because the group sucked anyway and she had seen her dad die.

    Also Yami you think since Kenny didn't immediately kill his bitten son that makes him a hypocrite and a bad person? Please. Not wanting to give up in his son makes him human. I didn't expect Lilly to make the right choice and kill Larry, that's what me and Kenny were for.

    Also the whole Kenny saving Christa is important because after he accidentally knocks the wallow talkie in the hole, he saves her life. I think some people are just determined to ignore all the good in Kenny and all the bad in Lilly.

  • If you helped Lilly with her father in Ep.2 (Saving him in the freezer), that might be your problem right there.

Add Comment