User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.1K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LehAsianGamer said: I have a feeling that when lee "died" he might not become a zombie and maybe if clementine left him he could of found clem after fighting his way out of savanah or if clementine shot maybe she shot just above his head and said I"im sorry lee i cant do this" and about lees possibly lost arm it could start with him having no arm already or him cutting it off, lee being the protagnist i dont think is likely but lee is definitly the protagnist or deurotagnist but i think most likely its gonna be omid/christa as main character for Season 2

Devs already confirmed he was dead.

• I'd love to see options in the episodes where you could A) Defend at camp or B) Scout for food. Different people go with you and different stuff happens. Would give more replay value.

I'd also like to see more "disposable" characters. Like if you have 5 to start with and 1 dies a chapter, but it really doesn't matter who. So in chapter 5, first player could have character A with them while second player could have character E with them. (This of course does not include "main" characters like Kenny that is essential to the story)

(copied from rate the game thread. just in case anyone of import reads this one and not the other)

• suggestion: make black people look like black people

no light, bright damn near white girls like clementine

or women with long flowing straight flat hair like christa.

• @marcu5 said: suggestion: make black people look like black people

no light, bright damn near white girls like clementine

or women with long flowing straight flat hair like christa.

You don't know what you're talking about. We come in all shapes, color and sizes.

Anything else is due to in game lighting.

• How come he gets to go around being all racist all the time? Saying if Lee was white, he would get it on with clem etc.?

• @Tyrant said: You don't know what you're talking about. We come in all shapes, color and sizes.

Anything else is due to in game lighting.

im black.

you don't come in "clementine" pale, even if you're mixed.

• @marcu5 said: im black.

you don't come in "clementine" pale, even if you're mixed.

Ice-T-17181642-1-402.jpg

855020-drake.jpg

b7d5ea3cdb5ddcb0287249184ed98b23.jpg

Rashida_Jones1.jpg

• In season 2 I'd like the decisions to be more important for how the story goes on. That means that the main character should be the group leader and the others shouldn't just ignore your decisions like in season 1 (going to the St. Johns, taking the food from the car, ...)

• @Apache00 said: In season 2 I'd like the decisions to be more important for how the story goes on. That means that the main character should be the group leader and the others shouldn't just ignore your decisions like in season 1 (going to the St. Johns, taking the food from the car, ...)

That'd be way too unrealistic. Having control over the outcome of the game based on simple decision making is a terrible idea. The whole driving point behind the drama of The Walking Dead is the hopelessness you feel from lack of control, and it was the whole selling point of the game in general. That means other characters should be able to outvote you and take away your decision if enough of them disagree with you, that's how life is in general.

That being said, it would be nice to see that you can make some kind of a difference in the direction of the story, even if the end point is the same.

Add Comment