User Avatar Image

Did anyone notice...

posted by NickelPoisoning on - last edited - Viewed by 520 users

Did anyone notice that Christa drank a heck of a lot of whiskey while up in the attic? Now im not a doctor but i believe drinking alcohol while pregnant is a no no. Does this mean she tried to kill her baby or harm it otherwise? Wth?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CarScar said:
    Although, I suppose, if she's only been pregnant for less than three months her drinking may actually be a danger to the baby's well-being.

See, that's all I'm saying. Nobody knows for a certainty if it's safe or dangerous. I'm not saying it will absolutely cause harm, but nobody can say that it absolutely won't. To me it isn't worth the risk.

• @thestalkinghead said: a shot of whiskey is about 1 unit of alcohol she chugged like a whole glass, defiantly more than 2 units consumed

Probably, I still don't think it wasn't enough to cause any complications. Although it isn't definite I think it was like 2.8 units of alcohol.
    @thestalkinghead said: See, that's all I'm saying. Nobody knows for a certainty if it's safe or dangerous. I'm not saying it will absolutely cause harm, but nobody can say that it absolutely won't. To me it isn't worth the risk.
    I agree completely, it wasn't worth the risk. It would be preferable for a pregnant lady to just not drink at all. Regardless it probably wont cause any complications with the pregnancy.

• @CarScar said: Probably, I still don't think it wasn't enough to cause any complications. Although it isn't definite I think it was like 2.8 units of alcohol.

I agree completely, it wasn't worth the risk. It would be preferable for a pregnant lady to just not drink at all. Regardless it probably wont cause any complications with the pregnancy.

WTF where did you get 2.8 units from :confused: i think it was 1 million units :p

anyway, she crossed a line when she chugged whiskey and was pregnant, it's whether she was thinking about that or not at the time is what is the issue i think

• Wow, we really love to over analyze things around here, don't we :D

• @thestalkinghead said: WTF where did you get 2.8 units from :confused: i think it was 1 million units :p

anyway, she crossed a line when she chugged whiskey and was pregnant, it's whether she was thinking about that or not at the time is what is the issue i think

2.8 is like a pint of cider, I don't know I mostly pulled it out of my ass. And yeah she did cross the line, she just didn't want people to know she's pregnant. For whatever reason. I mean she already made it super obvious but whatever Christa, do whatever you want.

@thestalkinghead said: Wow, we really love to over analyze things around here, don't we :D

You haven't seen anything yet!

• Yeah... we could make find out the whole season 2 plot if TT gave us the achievements and some lines of dialogue :D

• Well im not trying to throw a wrench in anybody's post here and im by no means a doctor. But what i wanted to say was when i was in highschool i knew a girl who had become pregnant and not only did she drink but she also smoked on a regular basis (We were not really friends). Surprisingly she had a perfect happy healthy baby. I guess my point is the "harm" it does on a baby really varies from women to women, or maybe baby to baby. And lets not forget it wasnt that long ago (30s and 40s) that nearly everyone, man and women, drank and smoke regardless of pregnancy's. And hell, thats the great generation.

• So some of you think no pregnant woman has had more than 3 drinks in one night and had a healthy child?

In all of history?

Obviously she shouldn't drink that much whiskey at once like that and it is not good. But to suggest doing that once means "OMG SHE Was trying to kill the baby!" is waaaay overboard. imo. As someone without a child. I mean, it is a zombie apocalypse ffs.

• @Blacko said: Well im not trying to throw a wrench in anybody's post here and im by no means a doctor. But what i wanted to say was when i was in highschool i knew a girl who had become pregnant and not only did she drink but she also smoked on a regular basis (We were not really friends). Surprisingly she had a perfect happy healthy baby. I guess my point is the "harm" it does on a baby really varies from women to women, or maybe baby to baby. And lets not forget it wasnt that long ago (30s and 40s) that nearly everyone, man and women, drank and smoke regardless of pregnancy's. And hell, thats the great generation.

The damage isn't always immediately obvious at birth. There may be trouble down the road that she just hasn't seen yet. Is it possible that her baby will be completely health? Thankfully, yes. That is far from certain though, that is why it's not worth the risk.

• @Alex1939 said: So some of you think no pregnant woman has had more than 3 drinks in one night and had a healthy child?

In all of history?

Obviously she shouldn't drink that much whiskey at once like that and it is not good. But to suggest doing that once means "OMG SHE Was trying to kill the baby!" is waaaay overboard. imo. As someone without a child. I mean, it is a zombie apocalypse ffs.

No matter how much a chance it could still result in complications with the child following it's birth. Especially if the alcohol is consumed while the woman is less than three months pregnant (which I'm assuming Christa is).

Add Comment