User Avatar Image

Can we have an Android port please?

posted by Tind on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users

Dear Teltale!
I have been thinking about buying Walking Dead, but I always hesitate, because I can't really see myself as playing with a "simple" (not literally what I mean!) game compared to Battlefield 3 or Mass Effect 3 on PC, but when I saw that there will be an iOS port with new touch interface, my heart started pounding!

Only problem is, that I own an Android device, a Sony Ericson Neo V phone with 1 core 1Ghz CPU and Adreno 205 GPU. Dead Trigger with Tegra 3 graphics (water effects+ragdoll effects+advanced lighting) runs fine on this device.

This is how it looks:

0bvhncrgwq9o8k51au9z_tn.png ph1w8tliqt4mbp7b01cy_tn.png
kxjcjsg75i99qf9wg1mq.png_tn.png
aloqymaslrlt7lgkori7_tn.png kxjcjsg75i99qf9wg1mq_tn.png
(Please note that the minor graphical bugs you see are not present during gameplay, the program used to make the screenshot is responsible for those bugs)

I assume if Dead Trigger can run with advanced graphics like that on a 1 core ARMv7 CPU+Adreno 205 GPU, then Walking Dead could run with minor or no lag at all.

So could you please port it for Android too? Like I said, I hesitated about the purchase of the PC version, but I would pick up all episodes on Google Play, that is 100%.

Please don't let down your fans by making this an Apple exclusive title. That would not just hurt your fans, but also would not be good on financial side. Apple is great, iPhone/iPad are neat devices, however in almost all major countries (including the United States and most European countries) iOS sales are nowhere near Android sales.

Just in the US 51% of smartphone users are Android users and iOS is "only" 32%.

So please make the Walking Dead episodes for Android too :)

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment