User Avatar Image

Are you willing to make a game ?

posted by N7. on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Hi, I've mentioned this before that I'm a game maker for years
I've actually haven't any big success in those years
I' worked on lots of projects and I have some experience

In the past ten years I've been almost worked on every parts of a 3d game
Like 3d design-rig-animate-skin-texturing-programing (Not pro in this one)
I'm not pro in any of these parts but I've worked alot on each of these parts and I know how it works

First of all I should say I know it isn't an easy work at all, I'm going to create a game like TWD! but not quite like that
And I'm pretty sure it's a terrible hard work especially for an online group

But we can do this! How ? So we should find 6 or 7 people to work with and we must swear no one will leaves the work until the game is complete

I know it's looks kind of crazy and it's much harder than what it looks but we can do that!

We need to create a strong alliance, No one is the boss! We just work together and everyone are same( We can speak more about this later)

I say again that creating a game like TWD is a lot harder than what it looks and It coulde take years (depends on how we'll work!)

We can speak more later but for now who will accompany me in this long road ?
(If you have any skills in these parts)
Sorry for broken English

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey i think this is a very interesting idea. I don't know to much about making a game but a could help write the story. I have never had a grade lower than 96% in my creative writing class so i know i'm good, but if you need me for something else i'll be happy to learn how to do it. I really want to be a part of this. This could become big!

• @thundervoltgamer said: Hey i think this is a very interesting idea. I don't know to much about making a game but a could help write the story. I have never had a grade lower than 96% in my creative writing class so i know i'm good, but if you need me for something else i'll be happy to learn how to do it. I really want to be a part of this. This could become big!

Agree here. I could also learn something if you need it, but I mainly want to help write the story.

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

@GaryCXJk said: Actually, no.

If it's going to be story-driven, then a basic outline of the story and setting is more important before designing characters and the like.

Now it can be that first GAMEPLAY is worked out, but never character or setting design.

I know but first we need to work on preliminary parts that have nothing to do with the story
    Like a character and character rigs and skin and Basic programming

@GaryCXJk said: You thinking of a 3rd person game, or FPS?

An adventure game like TWD! But not quite like that :D

@GaryCXJk said: Hey i think this is a very interesting idea. I don't know to much about making a game but a could help write the story. I have never had a grade lower than 96% in my creative writing class so i know i'm good, but if you need me for something else i'll be happy to learn how to do it. I really want to be a part of this. This could become big!

@GaryCXJk said: Agree here. I could also learn something if you need it, but I mainly want to help write the story.

Thanks guys, What about musics and sounds? I'll also have an Idea for characters voice later

So I've started working on this project in the past 3 days and everything is good, I've worked on the character and rigs and a little programing in unity
    So everything is good I just don't know why no one is interest

I know It was a little soon for this thread. without any work Samples of project, But I'll back soon when I make a little of this game

• @N7. said:
    Thanks guys, What about musics and sounds? I'll also have an Idea for characters voice later

We can just search for different sounds for the game, but music I'm not very good at making, but I have tried mixing something up once or twice. But if you find me a program I can probably make something.

• I don't want you guys to take this personally, but if your intention is to have the game be in English, you definitely want a primary English-speaker either doing the writing or doing a lot of edits.

There are exceptions, but we can usually tell when it's written by someone who doesn't actually speak English even if they're pretty well-versed.

• If I did want to make a video game, it would be a point-and-click adventure/ psychological horror game. I would most certainly put in effort to make it an enjoyable game, yet make it close to shit-your-pants scary (unlike that terrible Grudge video game.)

• I've always wanted to. I've long tried to make a game with various tools. I understand the concepts of programming and could put something together. I can make decent art assets, and I of course can write music. My problems are twofold. 1) I lack inspiration for a good story, and puzzle/gameplay design. Basically a starting point. 2) I lack motivation. It takes a heck of a lot to finish a whole project. Especially on your own.

• @Noname215 said: If I did want to make a video game, it would be a point-and-click adventure/ psychological horror game. I would most certainly put in effort to make it an enjoyable game, yet make it close to shit-your-pants scary (unlike that terrible Grudge video game.)

Have you played Slender - The Eight Pages? From what you're describing I think you'd enjoy it although if you don't know the mythos you might not find it as shit-your-pants scary as I do. It doesn't even matter that the graphics aren't amazing because it's not about how it looks, but how it feels.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I've always wanted to. I've long tried to make a game with various tools. I understand the concepts of programming and could put something together. I can make decent art assets, and I of course can write music. My problems are twofold. 1) I lack inspiration for a good story, and puzzle/gameplay design. Basically a starting point. 2) I lack motivation. It takes a heck of a lot to finish a whole project. Especially on your own.

I hear you on both those points. Kinda why I messed up my final year at uni. I still wish to pursue that dream somehow though.

• i haven't learnt programming and have never helped making a game, but i have played enough to have ideas and maybe i could help with some of the art areas of the game.

This discussion has been closed.