User Avatar Image

If everyone is infected, why do zombie bites kill you?

posted by Siniistar on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

This is a very common question, but i think its time we had a serious discussion about it

If everyone is in fact, already infected with the virus that causes reanimation, then what is it about a zombie's bite that kills you? is it the fact their flesh is so rotten that you get a bad bacteria infection and die? because antibiotics can fix that easily.

So if its not an infection, what is it? Surely there's no magical reason why you die(TWD doesn't deal in wizardry as far as i know).

I remember someone suggesting they give you a virus that attacks your immune system similar to a fast acting version of AIDS independent of the reanimation, but i think the writers said that it had nothing to do with a virus or something to that effect.

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • it'd be crazy if the cure was just common penicillin to combat the bite infection and people have just been over-analyzing it in the mass panic

• @Siniistar said: it'd be crazy if the cure was just common penicillin to combat the bite infection and people have just been over-analyzing it in the mass panic

I doubt it. In the first hours of a ZA hospitals probably treat bites a number of ways. It just doesn't work.

• I'd never thought about this. What a massive flaw. My entire walking dead world is crumbling around me!

• User Avatar Image
    Gudmoore BANNED

Fucking idiots, it has been covered more times than I care to remember. Use the search function instead of posting stupid, already answered questions.

Since you seem to be too retarded to navigate a forum, I'll make it as simple as possible. The bite doesn't spread the virus. Everyone is already infected. A zombie's mouth is a watering hole of bacteria, so if someone is bitten the bite gets infected; not with the zombie virus, like when a wound will get infected and leak puss but on a much more severe level. Then the body burns itself out fighting the bacteria and they die.

• Well, obviously you didn't get the fact that we're not talking about the dormant zombie virus. It /is/ pretty clear that it is the 'bite = death' aspect being discussed.

@trd84 said: I doubt it. In the first hours of a ZA hospitals probably treat bites a number of ways. It just doesn't work.

Yeah, I agree, a lot of people probably went to hospital when bitten and they started getting fever etc. most,if not all, of the common treatments would have been tried.

• User Avatar Image
    Gudmoore BANNED

And that is exactly what I was talking about.

"A zombie's mouth is a watering hole of bacteria, so if someone is bitten the bite gets infected; not with the zombie virus, like when a wound will get infected and leak puss but on a much more severe level. Then the body burns itself out fighting the bacteria and they die. "

Bacteria from a rotting carcases mouth is what "= death".

• Obviously. From the way you came in blasting about how the bite does not spread the virus, and started correcting everyone in such a rude manner, you totally got what we were talking about.

• User Avatar Image
    Gudmoore BANNED

@rachellouise85 said: Obviously. From the way you came in blasting about how the bite does not spread the virus, and started correcting everyone in such a rude manner, you totally got what we were talking about.

I know exactly what you were discussing. I was rude and will stay rude when people are too lazy to figure out how to use the damn search function.

• I'm with Gudmoore. I used the search function and spit out all of the links I found. Took me two minutes. Three tops.

Add Comment