User Avatar Image

3 weeks until 21/12/2012 or in usa case 12/21/2012

posted by donmike84 on - last edited - Viewed by 827 users

what do you think is gonna happen in 3 weeks when the mayan calendar expires or will life continue as normal

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think I'll probably go to work, stay there 8 or so hours, then since it's a Friday I might go out and drink.

All this will culminate in my sleeping in late the next day, and then probably playing Halo or something.

I hope that wasn't too terrifying a glimpse of the future!

• @donmike84 said: what do you think is gonna happen in 3 weeks when the mayan calendar expires or will life continue as normal

The Mayans will just make a new calendar. My calendar runs out every year and the world hasn't ended yet. :p

@donmike84 said: and then probably playing Halo or something.

The horror!

• @Scnew said: I think I'll probably go to work, stay there 8 or so hours, then since it's a Friday I might go out and drink.

All this will culminate in my sleeping in late the next day, and then probably playing Halo or something.

I hope that wasn't too terrifying a glimpse of the future!

I'll probably be on a road trip. I think you won.

• Well the 21st is a Friday, so I expect everyone being excited for the weekend... and the suicide/pregnancy rate being higher than normal that day...
    EDIT:Oh and FYI, the Mayan calendar already expired, they kinda didn't have leap year in their calendar.

• Except the Mayan calendar isn't expiring. They found a new one that goes on for longer.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Except the Mayan calendar isn't expiring. They found a new one that goes on for longer.

That too :p

• What makes people think that the Mayans totally must have seen something coming that far into the future that all other cultures regardless of knowledge or technology can't see anyway?

• @Scnew said: What makes people think that the Mayans totally must have seen something coming that far into the future that all other cultures regardless of knowledge or technology can't see anyway?

Or rather "how could they have predicted the end if they couldn't predict another continent of people finding them".

• To the original question of what I'll be doing - getting drunk (provided I remember) because hey, any excuse.

To where the conversation's turned - the Mayans knew jack shit. There is no way some mystical prophecy about the end of the world is going to come true because it's a load of made up crap. And that's even if this nonsense was accurate - I've seen several reports that the date's wrong.

In short - not worried, but will possibly get drunk anyway, if only to try and cope with working near Christmas.

Add Comment