User Avatar Image

Cheapest boss characters

posted by roberttitus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Every gamer under the sun has faced a boss characeter in a game that just fights so f***ing dirty that it sends them into a altered state of mind.... a state of mind know as gamer rage (see also: throwing controllers, shouting obscenities, biting the heads off of orphened baby chipmunks). What I want to know is what boss character (Mini-bosses count too) has sent you furthest down that path & what the craziest thing that a boss fight has made you do or say (censor it with *'s if it is super bad.... no need to corrupt the children).

117 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said:
    Bongo Bongo in Ocarina of Time. I never had a problem getting past any other part of that game, but I was stuck on Bongo Bongo for a very long time my first time through. He's a piece of cake for me now, but back then was a different story.

I only beat him recently. The fight was exponentially easier once I tried using my bow on him.

• Time Eater from Sonic Generations, I don't even know how i managed to get the trophy for beating him without taking a hit.

• I was gonna tell you off for bumping a 9-month old thread like this, but eh, valid contribution and all.

Last boss I despised was... god. What was it? Oh, the end boss from SiN Episodes. A Helicopter AND a Giant Mutant, both thrown at you because the designers couldn't be bothered to come up with anything decent. Ugh.

• It's no use!

Take this!

It's no use!

Take this!

It's no use!

This'll end it!

• The ones I can remember the most are the Time Attack's in Shadow of the Colossus on colossi #3 (Gaius) and #15 (Argus). Good lord trying to get on the 3rd one for his weak point within the time limit for normal or hard mode is insane and#15 is so infuriating I gave up for a bit (finally beat them in both modes but once I bought the PS3 collection I decided that it wasn't worth the anger and tears again).

Another time was the final boss fight in God Hand. While it's not too hard when you use God powers I was doing the "Kick me sign" challenge which is where you can't use God powers for the entire game (the sign would fly off Gene's back if you did and the objective is to keep it on). I don't think I would've had too much of a problem if not for the mini-boss right before him (literally! You fight a mini-boss then RIGHT AFTER HIM no breaks at all you have to fight the final boss!). I could have made a sailor blush with my...colorful vocabulary that night lol. Managed to beat him after 3 days of trying over and over.

Finally, this is more challenging and is an entire level rather than a boss but it's still really annoying/difficult/challenging. In .Hack//Quarantine there's an optional dungeon at the end and every monster in the dungeon has a data bug problem and in order to kill them you need to use the skill Data Drain on them...well if you use it too much your character dies. I've still yet to beat this dungeon but I will eventually...hopefully. It's just really annoying to get far and then die cause you had to use this skill in order to progress.

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

Little Horn, the last boss of the Hell chapter in Super Meat Boy. This boss. This boss.

The rest of the game is based on twitch platforming, but this guy is beaten by learning his moves, and he doesn't broadcast any of his attacks before he does them. That means that the only way to kill this boss is to die to him over and over and over while you slowly learn his patterns.

• Morpheel from Twilight Princess was extremely hard for me. I could never get around with the iron boots.

• In Kingdom Hearts where you have to fight Riku in Hallow Bastion. EVERY TIME I DIED, I HAD TO WATCH THE CUTSCENE MORE THAN 5 TIMES. I hate cutscenes that are long and you can't skip them when you're entering a boss fight. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?

• @reversingmemories said: In Kingdom Hearts where you have to fight Riku in Hallow Bastion. EVERY TIME I DIED, I HAD TO WATCH THE CUTSCENE MORE THAN 5 TIMES. I hate cutscenes that are long and you can't skip them when you're entering a boss fight. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?

After a while your saying the lines the same time they are. (Gets rly freaky with Riku/Ansem double voice).

• Pamela Voorhees’ head, Freddy’s hand, The Mad Hatter, Kessler, Colonel Autumn, Oogie Boogie, Nicole Horne, Tyrone King.

Add Comment