User Avatar Image

What kind of character could top Lee?

posted by JulianAR on - last edited - Viewed by 729 users

I dunno if this is the right place to ask about it, considering I'm brand new here, but has anyone written fanfiction for season 2 yet? I figure someone has to, here of all places at the very least. I'm thinking about doing one myself, to see if I can't answer the question everyone wants answered: What kind of character could top Lee?

I've already got a few ideas myself, and after looking around the threads a bit, it seems there are some fairly smart people thinking the same thing as me. But I'd like to actually know what people think would be able to beat Lee's character, and I'd especially like to read some fanfictions if there are any.

I, personally, think that the new main protagonist should be a young man. Young like Molly, maybe even a bit younger. That way we can establish an older brother-like character to be Clementine's new protector that people can be comfortable with and that won't replace Lee as a father figure (which is the worst possible idea).
I'm going to write a character like that, except instead of trying to emulate an instant attachment to Clem like Lee did, I want to try and write Lee's polar opposite. Colder and more withdrawn, effected by the world on a deeply emotional level (and maybe a slightly psychotic one, too :P). That way Clementine's role as a morality pet will shine even brighter and have more influence to her as a character and to her bond with the new protagonist, making the new protagonist easily more likable as he slowly grows more attached to Clem, gradually shifting his personality in the process thanks to her.
That's the kind of approach Telltale needs to take with a new protagonist. A much more different way to warm up to someone new after that devastating loss at the end of the last season. At least, that's what I'd like to see.

TL;DR, Telltale should make a bad-ass big brother protagonist for season 2. And NOT kill him. Avoiding repetition as much as possible is best.

Also, I'm not one to shamelessly plug myself, but like I said, whether Telltale already has a plan or not, I'm gonna write me a fanfic for season 2. Not that I'm asking if anyone is interested, but if anyone is...

And I shall leave it at that. :)

Anyways, tell me your thoughts!

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • maybe someone that is younger and needs Clementine's help as much as she needs their help would be a good way to bond, like her holding the hammer in episode 1, that part and the walking stick part made it feel like Lee and Clementine were a team

• @thestalkinghead said: maybe someone that is younger and needs Clementine's help as much as she needs their help would be a good way to bond, like her holding the hammer in episode 1, that part and the walking stick part made it feel like Lee and Clementine were a team

That's certainly a given for any kind of main protagonist, I believe. Otherwise Clem's character would suffer major derailment. I also agree about a younger character, but it still needs to be someone old enough to be considered her guardian, methinks. I just can't see Clem being on her own, she's only nine. Even Carl in the comic book series needs the help of an adult for most things, despite how independent he is now (although I'm only following the TV series, not the comic books, so don't spoil any of it please!!) It would seem rather unrealistic and rather un-walking dead like to follow a small group of survivor kids.

• @JulianAR said: a small group of survivor kids.

Now that's an idea. Definitely not actually playing the whole game as that, but your character could come across a group like that that had morphed into a Lord Of The Flies-type of group, sort of anarchic, pack-society that has gone wild.

But in response to the actual question, I like your suggestion about the older brother character, and someone who definitely knows a thing or two about surviving with skills like what Molly had.

• @distortion said: Now that's an idea. Definitely not actually playing the whole game as that, but your character could come across a group like that that had morphed into a Lord Of The Flies-type of group, sort of anarchic, pack-society that has gone wild.

But in response to the actual question, I like your suggestion about the older brother character, and someone who definitely knows a thing or two about surviving with skills like what Molly had.

Lol, that would make an amazing episode. And probably a very depressing one, cause there's no way it would end well. I mean, I highly doubt you'd spend the game raising an orphanage...

• @distortion said: Now that's an idea. Definitely not actually playing the whole game as that, but your character could come across a group like that that had morphed into a Lord Of The Flies-type of group, sort of anarchic, pack-society that has gone wild.

they could be like the girls in zombieland, imagine the amount of people they could con and steal from being children, and if it went bad the whole pack could come out if hiding and kill whoever was a danger to them

• No one, as a protagonist, can top Lee. He holds a special place in my heart.

• I say the "main character" is a duo. Not like you can control both, but that one character sticks with you until the end, like Shaun and Ed in Shaun of the Dead. And as for age, they'd be in college. The UGA, appropriately (If you see what I did there.).

• Topping Lee Everett is impossible. But, I'd be satisfied if they could make someone equal to him (which will be no small feat). The UGA angle would be a pretty nice tie in with the first season. Maybe have a conversation early on about the teacher that went berzerk and killed someone?

• @HiggsBoson2142 said: I say the "main character" is a duo. Not like you can control both, but that one character sticks with you until the end, like Shaun and Ed in Shaun of the Dead. And as for age, they'd be in college. The UGA, appropriately (If you see what I did there.).

they had lee as a teacher and he was their favorite :D

• @thestalkinghead said: they could be like the girls in zombieland, imagine the amount of people they could con and steal from being children, and if it went bad the whole pack could come out if hiding and kill whoever was a danger to them

See, this kid idea is just getting better and better the more we discuss it. :P

Add Comment