User Avatar Image

Episode 2,Telltale's original plan.

posted by Araron on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Hey you all,hows it going? :) So,I was diging through Youtube for some unused lines today,and found some pretty interesting stuff.Though it would be worth sharing. (http://www.youtube.com/user/xAzureIzumix)
Episode 2 Highlights:

-Brenda's voice used to be a lot different.
-If you didn't cut Mr. Parker's leg off at the beggining,it seems that he would get chopped instead of Mark.It would be a very nice interaction!
-The Meat Locker scene was supposed to be much more longer and dramatic,with more lines,argument and interaction when it comes to reviving Larry.Seems this is what the picture from the episode menu was showing us.
-It gets confirmed that the traps belong to the St. John's.
-After stealing/leaving the food,it seems that there was supposed to be a scene leading us back to the Motor Inn.

So what do you think?I didn't listen to all of them,so apologies if I missed something important. ;)

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ghositex said: May I ask you where you got that from? I remember some of that from the trailers, but the rest... I got no idea.
    Edit: what i meant, was it all from the trailers/previews?

Yeah I basically got all that from the trailers.

• do you know where these asswholes are? :mad:

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

@HiggsBoson2142 said: Yeah I basically got all that from the trailers.

The trailers are created while we're still making the episode they're for. We want to show you the kinds of things you can expect without spoiling the actual events. Small details in presentation can also change during production if something isn't reading quite right.

Fo example: You never see Chuck roll back the train boxcar door in episode 3, but he does it in the trailer.

• And apparently, from some other unused lines, Mark lets Lee try on his glasses, and Lee says something along the lines of "Might come in handy when I impersonate a short-sighted 70 year old woman" and "I have 20-20 vision"

• ThreadNecromancy.jpg

For those interested,there are is now a complete unused line/retake upload for the third,fourth and fifth episode. :) Also,thanks to Harrison and Jake for posting. ;)

• @Ghositex said: May I ask you where you got that from? I remember some of that from the trailers, but the rest... I got no idea.
    Edit: what i meant, was it all from the trailers/previews?

it was from the "next on the walking dead'

• in episode 5 when kenny was eaten he has death screams... another removed thing

• It's basically the same thing as making a movie. They wrote and recorded more material than they could actually use so they could edit it down to the strongest and best-paced sequence of events in all the different player-decided variants. Many things (like extra screams from Kenny in Ep 4 and so forth) are just alternate takes of the same basic line and slight dialog variants.

The reason the trailer for Ep 2 is different is partly deliberate (they want to give you a feeling of the story without giving anything away) and partly because they were nowhere near done with the above editing process.

The reason for all those extra sound files being in the game is probably (I'm speculating here) that editing things "in engine" is faster than assembling only the ones they want to use. I haven't looked but I'm sure there's a freaking ton of those files, and just keeping track of them all must be someone's full-time job there. Easier and faster to just have them all in the engine already so the game's editors can work right up to the deadline and get it just right.

• Director's Cut Telltale! Let's do it!

:D

• I am SO tempted to make a "Mass Effect 3 real ending DLC" joke here.

Add Comment