User Avatar Image

not lee! noooooo

posted by Burfrickydur on - last edited - Viewed by 754 users

just finished ep 5. great story, i dunno about that ending tho! lee better not be dead!

much like the tv series i feel like if certain characters die (glen and daryl mostly) i'd stop watching. ill check out season 2 to see how clem made out but if lee is dead...

for me clem and lee make the game what it is. just my opinion

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • At the end of the day i have to have a reason to care and make decisions in the game,if any character i have any affinity with is going to be killed off then the game won't hold my interest.
    No doubt the writers have chosen their way of proceeding with the story so thats cool but i've read Max Brooks World War Z a few times and people survive from day one until the end of the zombie outbreak,they adapt and make decisions that keep them and people they care about alive...probably the sort of game format i'm more into.

• @Rambo297 said: I really don't like that end. It made me feel kinda like Everything i did, gone to hell... Just was... useless, that no matter of what, Lee die... That would be cool with some endings and he survives in some. It was sad to watch him death after all of that...

How was it useless? You taught Clem how to survive in this world. If my actions keep even one person alive for as long as possible after I have died then all my choices would have been worth it.

@Rambo297 said: At the end of the day i have to have a reason to care and make decisions in the game,if any character i have any affinity with is going to be killed off then the game won't hold my interest.
    No doubt the writers have chosen their way of proceeding with the story so thats cool but i've read Max Brooks World War Z a few times and people survive from day one until the end of the zombie outbreak,they adapt and make decisions that keep them and people they care about alive...probably the sort of game format i'm more into.

Yes but World War Z HAD an ending so people could survive from day one. The Walking Dead I am 100% sure will only end when sales in the comic book fall and so far I doubt that is going to happen even after Rick's approximate 300 Issue lifespan so The Walking Dead will have no ending. The world that everyone knew in The Walking Dead is gone and this is the world that everyone lives with now and will always live in. There is no going back and there is no way to stop the outbreak because everyone is infected.

Why do you think Robert Kirkman pitched the idea of making The Walking Dead TV Show with this line...."The Zombie Movie That Never Ends."? Because it is.

• @Zargus said:

Yes but World War Z HAD an ending so people could survive from day one. The Walking Dead I am 100% sure will only end when sales in the comic book fall and so far I doubt that is going to happen even after Rick's approximate 300 Issue lifespan so The Walking Dead will have no ending. The world that everyone knew in The Walking Dead is gone and this is the world that everyone lives with now and will always live in. There is no going back and there is no way to stop the outbreak because everyone is infected.

Why do you think Robert Kirkman pitched the idea of making The Walking Dead TV Show with this line...."The Zombie Movie That Never Ends."? Because it is.

Yes i guess you are right,i will just have to accept the Walking Dead world for what it is and that applies to the game...if i want to play it.

• @Zargus said: How was it useless? You taught Clem how to survive in this world. If my actions keep even one person alive for as long as possible after I have died then all my choices would have been worth it.

Yeah, but i don't think that Clementine will survive this alone after all. But i don't thought about Clementine. I thought about decisions like Cutting of hand, Leaving Lilly at the road. Be or not to be Kenny of friend Cause he always die the same way, YOU die the same way, no matter if you were helpful or asshole, if u Cut the hand or not.

• @robuk said: Much as i loved playing the game for me role playing and survival games are about keeping my character alive,developing him/her,building a story where i interact and begin to care about others in the game.Lee was my character and i cared about him and keeping Clem safe,now i might be in the minority here but Lee dying has just lessened my interest in the game,and if any character i play in the game is destined to die in about episode 5 of the next series then i'm not sure the game will hook me as much as walking dead series one did.

I feel the exact same way. I will play season 2 to find out the fate of Clementine but I will be just going through the motions. Removing Lee from the duo that was Clem and Lee changes the dynamics in a way that will either work or fail. It's a risk from Telltale. It will be hard for them to bring in a character that we will care about as much as we did Lee because we won't wan't to get too attached to the next protagonist through fear of seeing them killed off again. Season 1 will be hard for telltale to top and will be even harder without Lee who was one of the best game protagonists we have seen in a while.

• It isn't the whole episode 1 group dead besides Clem. After the Lilly of the game isn't the same Lilly of the comics (like I heard) it is possible to see her again. I also wouldn't bet my money on it but it isn't impossible that they bring back Kenny too. "Only" Carley, Doug, Duck, Katjaa, Larry, Ben, Mark are surely dead (if you only count those which have been in the group for a longer time)
    Maybe TellTale even troll our expections and let Omid/Christa die and Kenny survive^^

I don't think that they let them all die too early in the storyline. The death of Katjaa/Duck was dramatically and good. I really liked it to see how it changed Kenny, it was a good story.
    Larrys death was also okay, without that death there would have been much less rivality in the group -> less drama -> worse story. Also the Lee death was good story telling in my opinion. I only agree about Carley/Doug. I didn't like their death because of nothing. I even think that this scene was the only one which could have been done better (I only speak about the story)

• @thestalkinghead said: don't you think that by the hundredth life or death situation you would start to ignore the death possibility and just see Lee an an immortal hero destined to save the world.

that is how action heroes work, you know they wont die you just want to see how badass the way they take out the bad guys will be

Dude! not after 5 episodes. Are you aware of how long Rick Grimes and his 9 year old son Carl have been surviving this apocalypse? They have been through far more than Lee could have even imagined. Even Carl has been shot on 2 different occasions and no one see's them as invincible. The walking dead comics have some of the most realistic writing you will will ever read, pacing is the key to the comic's success. Characters don't die in every episode and key characters don't die in every story arc. Lee's 5 episodes equate to only 13 weeks of survival in the zombie apocalypse. Telltale were too trigger happy with regards to killing of their characters. When you compare the game characters lives to those in the comics they had it pretty easy. The were stationed in the motor inn for 3 months and died between 1 and 2 days after leaving it. Rick's group have spent most of the apocalypse on the road, moving from place to place. So I personally would not have seen Lee as an invincible character if he survived the 5 episodes considering that would only have been 13 weeks of survival, even Maggie has survived far longer and she tried to hang her self.

• @Zargus said: I know but everyone amuses that because they have a favorite character or it is a main character then that character will be untouched when it is completely wrong.

I can't think of a protagonist that has been through more than Rick Grimes and he is still alive after more than a year. Taking that into account It would not have been outlandish to believe or expect Lee, the game's protagonist to survive more than 13 weeks, considering he had been protected by the motor inn for most of the 13 weeks. I loved Lee as a game character but by walking dead survival standards Telltale have portrayed Lee as being either extremely unlucky or as being a bit of a pussy. 13 weeks isn't shit. Supporting characters in the walking dead last longer. It would have been fine if episode 5 was the last in the story but now we know there will be at least 1 more season. If Clementine is in season 2 which I expect she will be it is still the same story. Killing of the protagonist mid way in a story is unwise. Telltale, now have the pressure of bringing in a new protagonist to live up to the high standard set by Lee. I'm intrigued by the idea of a second season but i'm not as excited about the idea of continuing the story with another protagonist if that is the direction Telltale are going in.

Add Comment