User Avatar Image

Race in TWD universe

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

the finale was just more evidence that TWD is a racist franchise

271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...and THAT is the sort of thing marcu5 should have said instead of calling people bigots. Thank you.

• @dubesor said: what's so hard to understand? so far no black guy ever had any importance in the franchise. T-Dog had barely any lines or screentime. Got a little bit better at mid-end S2 but still he never had any important role. then he get's replaced with Oscar (aka T-Dog 2), who also doesn't get any screentime nor lines nor importance. He also dies and now we have black guy #3, Tyreese who will fill the black guy role.

It just seems there can only always be 1 black guy and once another appears they get rid of the former black guy.

Thanks,I just didn't realise what he meant at first.

• @dubesor said: what's so hard to understand? so far no black guy ever had any importance in the franchise. T-Dog had barely any lines or screentime. Got a little bit better at mid-end S2 but still he never had any important role. then he get's replaced with Oscar (aka T-Dog 2), who also doesn't get any screentime nor lines nor importance. He also dies and now we have black guy #3, Tyreese who will fill the black guy role.

It just seems there can only always be 1 black guy and once another appears they get rid of the former black guy.

The entire Walking Dead franchise?

Lee Everett, Tyreese or Josh Hamilton (from the novels) aren't important?

It's hard to understand because your argument has far too many holes in it to be taken seriously.

That is why I take issue with statements like "If you don't understand, then you're racist. durrr" It's stupid, at least write like you have a brain ffs. (talking to you marcus)

This Season of Walking Dead is certainly raising eyebrows with the deaths of T-Dog and Oscar (conveniently) and the introduction of Tyreese.

• ^We are talking entirely on the TV franchise here. Obviously Lee Everett etc. has nothing to do with this thread

Every time I look away, they've upgraded to a bigger black guy. When Tyreese invariably dies, we'll get the guy from The Green Mile.

• Oh please let him channelling the Kingpin when he does.

• No chance of that, Dubesor. Michael Clarke Duncan was the guy in The Green Mile. He died in September.

• This argument never ends well.

If The Walking Dead as a franchise was truly racist, why would they bother to have ANY black characters? They've had over half a dozen black characters on the TV show this season alone! This isn't even counting the books and video game.

• I don't mind tbh. I just find it funny how they keep doing the same with them over and over again :p but it's a valid point.

Personally I would love to see Andrea die as soon as possible she is pissing me off for such a long time now, but I doubt that will happen :(

• @dubesor said:
    Personally I would love to see Andrea die as soon as possible she is pissing me off for such a long time now, but I doubt that will happen :(

I have the feeling that she'll get to live long enough to see how much she screwed up.

Yes, because 2 seperate black men who were made up entirely for the show not getting as much screen time as the characters that were actually IN the comics makes this TOTALLY racist.

And fyi, t-dog still to this day has more lines than hershal's second daughter.

This discussion has been closed.