User Avatar Image

Race in TWD universe

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

the finale was just more evidence that TWD is a racist franchise

271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @marcu5 said: if there's 10 white characters, and 1 black character. why the hell would i care if one of them dies? killall white characters, continously, then you might have a point

My friends!

I give you the true racist!

• @Panzer89 said: My friends!

I give you the true racist!

i dont think you know the definition of the word.

• genocide vs 1 black man...yep that's definitely racism.

• @marcu5 said: i dont think you know the definition of the word.

You want characters to die based on race.

All your arguments are invalid.

• @Panzer89 said: You want characters to die based on race.

game. set. match.

• @Panzer89 said: You want characters to die based on race.

no, i want black characters to stop being red shirts for TWD writers. theresmore to black men besides dying for white people.

• the reason why they have watered down the governor is because showing a character like him on tv with the zombie incest, rape and horrifying behavior would disturb your average casual tv-viewer. so they play it safe, and I agree, so far the Governor isn't evil and crazy enough.
    They did hint at some things... but only hint like the brushing of his girl and stripping maggie. sure its not like rape and putting his tongue in his dead daughter but I doubt they would ever show this stuff on TV. it is and will be a watered down version of the comics in order to appeal to a broad casual audience.

• @dubesor said: the reason why they have watered down the governor is because showing a character like him on tv with the zombie incest, rape and horrifying behavior would disturb your average casual tv-viewer. so they play it safe, and I agree, so far the Governor isn't evil and crazy enough.
    They did hint at some things... but only hint like the brushing of his girl and stripping maggie. sure its not like rape and putting his tongue in his dead daughter but I doubt they would ever show this stuff on TV. it is and will be a watered down version of the comics in order to appeal to a broad casual audience.

so instead of depicting gov like his character, they make michonne seem like jungle savage. got it:rolleyes:

• @marcu5 said: so instead of depicting gov like his character, they make michonne seem like jungle savage. got it:rolleyes:

tumblr_mebg9bfSzS1r8an3co1_500.png
    Do me a favor and give me a ratio of dead white to black people in this pic, hmm?

• @HelloCthulhu said: tumblr_mebg9bfSzS1r8an3co1_500.png
    Do me a favor and give me a ratio of dead white to black people in this pic, hmm?

who cares about the ratio? 100% of the blacks in that pic are dead. neither given a proper story or character development.

This discussion has been closed.