User Avatar Image

In the even of zombie apocalypse, would the president nuke the country ?

posted by Typicaljacob on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

So back in the cold war, we all made shelter right? so in the event of a zombie apocalypse wouldnt the president ( or any other vip and government officials along with military) hole up in a shelter and try to quarantine out/in the walkers with nukes? something i wondered

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: there aren't enough nukes on the planet to wipe out every human, let alone every zombie, so it would just be pointless

Oh yes there are. There are tens of thousands of nuclear missiles currently active, mostly held by the US and Russia but many, many outside of those countries too, and more being made every day. We've massed enough of a nuclear arsenal to wipe out all life on Earth if we wanted to do so. Except the deep oceans, but without a doubt all land animals and coastal sea animals.

• there are enough nuclear bunkers to stop the human race from (technically) being extinct, but its the point that the radiation wouldn't kill the zombies just humans is why it would be pointless and why you would need to nuke basicaly all of the land to get the zombies, as has been said its like burning down your house to fix a bug infestation

• @thestalkinghead said: but think about the surface area that the nuke would kill everyone then compare that to the land surface area of earth, the best you could do would be make more zombies, and considering killing zombies was the point of the nukes that renders them pointless

What exactly makes you think that zombies would be made from the explosion of nukes, and what makes you think they would be able to avoid being destroyed by the radiation? Just because they were made from it (theoretically), then that doesn't mean they would be immune to it. Because the very high initial levels of radiation would prevent anything from coming back because it would fry our brains (needed in the zombie world). Plus if there was an apocalypse, I doubt they would nuke the country immediately. They would probably capture a zombie, find out what could kill it without killing humans, mass produce that, and make it into a bomb, that sends out waves of the stuff, without damaging things. Which is very possible, like radiation for example. But only a specific kind.

• @thestalkinghead said: resident evil is in a fantasy universe, and the decision was made by shady corporations that live in underground bases and always where sunglasses

hahahaha so true about the sunglasses part, not to mention the mutation stuff made me not wanna watch it anymore. Who says the government isnt shady though? o.o dun dun dun..

• @Panzer89 said: You don't "surround" something with nukes. Again, I wouldn't set fire to all my neighbors houses just because I have roaches. Seriously, what the hell would that accomplish?

why not? radiation keeps dangerous folks away and maybe kill a high percentage of walkers slammed by the blast. and calm down man haha, this is just a discussion formed from curiosity, not an argument. This goes for other people too.

• @robuk said: By letting off a lot of nukes what would probably happen is rather than destroy the zombies you would create a nuclear winter where all life would be wiped out...leaving the zombies stumbling about in the dark:)

very good point!

• @Toasty said: What exactly makes you think that zombies would be made from the explosion of nukes, and what makes you think they would be able to avoid being destroyed by the radiation? Just because they were made from it (theoretically), then that doesn't mean they would be immune to it. Because the very high initial levels of radiation would prevent anything from coming back because it would fry our brains (needed in the zombie world).

I think stalking head was saying that it would create more zombies by killing living people from radiation. Though, the thought of radiation "frying our brain" has crossed my mind which makes me think if the use of nuclear weapons would be useful.

• @Typicaljacob said: I think stalking head was saying that it would create more zombies by killing living people from radiation. Though, the thought of radiation "frying our brain" has crossed my mind which makes me think if the use of nuclear weapons would be useful.

That is true. And with the frying the brains thing it does more harm than use because it would pretty much kill everyone to get any use out of it.

• @Typicaljacob said: why not? radiation keeps dangerous folks away and maybe kill a high percentage of walkers slammed by the blast. and calm down man haha, this is just a discussion formed from curiosity, not an argument. This goes for other people too.

I take the thought of using nuclear weapons VERY seriously as it's not a trivial matter and I discuss it with others in the same fashion. They are very scary, very destructive, and very real things. Detonating a nuclear device in any populace should always be used as a last resort and should NEVER be an option to use on domestic soil no matter how bad the threat and yes that includes zombies.

Also the edit post function exists you should probably use it. Quadruple posting is just bad forum etiquette.

• First of all, in Walking Dead, the government is gone and helpless, so there would never be a nuclear strike. Second, I think it's the stupidest idea ever to use something so catastrophic and with such long lasting effects as an anti-personnel weapon.

That said, yes. It would be their first idea.

Add Comment