Menu
User Avatar Image

Did anyone notice...

posted by NickelPoisoning on - last edited - Viewed by 652 users

Did anyone notice that Christa drank a heck of a lot of whiskey while up in the attic? Now im not a doctor but i believe drinking alcohol while pregnant is a no no. Does this mean she tried to kill her baby or harm it otherwise? Wth?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow, we really love to over analyze things around here, don't we :D

  • @thestalkinghead said: WTF where did you get 2.8 units from :confused: i think it was 1 million units :p

    anyway, she crossed a line when she chugged whiskey and was pregnant, it's whether she was thinking about that or not at the time is what is the issue i think


    2.8 is like a pint of cider, I don't know I mostly pulled it out of my ass. And yeah she did cross the line, she just didn't want people to know she's pregnant. For whatever reason. I mean she already made it super obvious but whatever Christa, do whatever you want.

    @thestalkinghead said: Wow, we really love to over analyze things around here, don't we :D


    You haven't seen anything yet!

  • Yeah... we could make find out the whole season 2 plot if TT gave us the achievements and some lines of dialogue :D

  • Well im not trying to throw a wrench in anybody's post here and im by no means a doctor. But what i wanted to say was when i was in highschool i knew a girl who had become pregnant and not only did she drink but she also smoked on a regular basis (We were not really friends). Surprisingly she had a perfect happy healthy baby. I guess my point is the "harm" it does on a baby really varies from women to women, or maybe baby to baby. And lets not forget it wasnt that long ago (30s and 40s) that nearly everyone, man and women, drank and smoke regardless of pregnancy's. And hell, thats the great generation.

  • So some of you think no pregnant woman has had more than 3 drinks in one night and had a healthy child?

    In all of history?


    Obviously she shouldn't drink that much whiskey at once like that and it is not good. But to suggest doing that once means "OMG SHE Was trying to kill the baby!" is waaaay overboard. imo. As someone without a child. I mean, it is a zombie apocalypse ffs.

  • @Blacko said: Well im not trying to throw a wrench in anybody's post here and im by no means a doctor. But what i wanted to say was when i was in highschool i knew a girl who had become pregnant and not only did she drink but she also smoked on a regular basis (We were not really friends). Surprisingly she had a perfect happy healthy baby. I guess my point is the "harm" it does on a baby really varies from women to women, or maybe baby to baby. And lets not forget it wasnt that long ago (30s and 40s) that nearly everyone, man and women, drank and smoke regardless of pregnancy's. And hell, thats the great generation.

    The damage isn't always immediately obvious at birth. There may be trouble down the road that she just hasn't seen yet. Is it possible that her baby will be completely health? Thankfully, yes. That is far from certain though, that is why it's not worth the risk.

  • @Alex1939 said: So some of you think no pregnant woman has had more than 3 drinks in one night and had a healthy child?

    In all of history?


    Obviously she shouldn't drink that much whiskey at once like that and it is not good. But to suggest doing that once means "OMG SHE Was trying to kill the baby!" is waaaay overboard. imo. As someone without a child. I mean, it is a zombie apocalypse ffs.


    No matter how much a chance it could still result in complications with the child following it's birth. Especially if the alcohol is consumed while the woman is less than three months pregnant (which I'm assuming Christa is).

  • Additionally if you aren't really eating much, which we can assume the group hasn't been since they're always rationing and starving, plus if they did have any food it was all in the RV, that alcohol is some of the only calorie intake christa got in the past 2 days. A great deal of that would be going to the baby's development. x_x I don't believe it will kill the baby, it's simply something to think about.

    Alcohol isn't as damaging if most of it is soaked up in food beforehand, but on an empty stomach it can be a lot more dangerous.
    I still find it funny that the group constantly finds bottles of alcohol just lying around everywhere though lol. Man if there was a real ZA apparently drunkards will have no trouble.

  • @CarScar said: Doubt that much alcohol would have that much of an adverse effect on the fetus, perhaps none at all.

    That conversation happened before she chugged the alcohol, no?

    No it happened after Kenny died and they wanted to know if I'd let them take Clem now cause I originally said Kenny should. I told them no and that's the scene I got.

  • Homeless, drug addict, drinking and smoking (or one or more of the above) women are delivering children into this world on a daily basis.

    But yeah, Christa is a horrible person for taking one drink to try and cover up her pregnancy. Also: who knows how much she actually took? She may have even faked drinking it. We never see Lee or Kenny checking if she actually drank anything.

Add Comment