User Avatar Image

Mid-Season Finale

posted by Saoralba131 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I really enjoyed the episode and can't wait for February,what about you guys(and girls),what do you think?

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zeruis said: Daryl's going to die. Which is good. It'll let the public audience know that the writers do not care who they are killing off, even if they have an immense fan group. Kirkman does this all the time.

Didn't they already do that with Shane? I know a lot of people disliked the character on the show, but he did have a lot of fans and he was a huge part of the first two seasons.

Also with the Sophia situation and Carl killing Lori after she gave the birth the show has already proven they're not afraid of having dark moments or of killing off major characters.

• @dubesor said: Errr - nope?

You could see Daryl alive several times in the Season 3.5 preview (example 1 2). He will definitely survive the Woodbury incidents.

Sure. He'll survive the next episode. I like Daryl, it's just the undeniable fact that "The dead always win".

• @StanleyStutters said: Also with the Sophia situation and Carl killing Lori after she gave the birth the show has already proven they're not afraid of having dark moments or of killing off major characters.

Since when was Sophia ever a major character?:confused:
    And Lori was probably the most hated character until then.

Shane is different. Sure he went absolutely crazy but at least he brought some spice and violence within the group which no other character really does.

• Isnt this the wrong forum for this?

• Kirkman kills characters because No one is safe in the Walking Dead :D

I'm pretty sure if he kept them alive people would be yelling "Oh So-and-so has plot armour so they can't die."

You can't win :rolleyes:

• @dubesor said: Since when was Sophia ever a major character?:confused:
    And Lori was probably the most hated character until then.

Shane is different. Sure he went absolutely crazy but at least he brought some spice and violence within the group which no other character really does.

Shane was the example of them killing off a major/popular character, Sophia and Lori were examples of the show going in a darker direction (although I guess Lori could be counted as a major character). It's rare for any show to kill a child especially like that and I don't think any show has had a child have to kill their own mother.

• @Master of Aeons said: Instead, we get this sweet guy who really hasn't done a single bad thing.

It's easy to make a total psychopath asshole who we all want dead and that was pretty much comic Gov to a tee. Hiding that from the TV series audience was a good choice. Like Kirkman said, we get to see him in layers. You're slowly introduced to him and his depravity and that makes it more shocking.

And he's certainly getting on par with his comic version, I'm willing to bet he'll get even worse by the end of the season.

• @HelloCthulhu said: Actually, killing shane was...well following the comics...he just was around for much longer...as was Lori dying. Sophia dying marks a huge deviation from the comics.

Most people watching the show haven't read the comics so to them it was a huge moment when Shane was killed off. The post I quoted states that they should kill Daryl off to show that anyone can die no matter how popular the character is. I was saying that killing Shane has already proven to the TV viewers that the show is willing to go in that direction and the deaths of Lori & Sophia show the audience that their not afraid of going in a darker direction.

• @Panzer89 said: It's easy to make a total psychopath asshole who we all want dead and that was pretty much comic Gov to a tee. Hiding that from the TV series audience was a good choice. Like Kirkman said, we get to see him in layers. You're slowly introduced to him and his depravity and that makes it more shocking.

And he's certainly getting on par with his comic version, I'm willing to bet he'll get even worse by the end of the season.

Still, I don't think the almost-rape scene did anything but show that you can't show things on primetime. Now it looks like he was a halfway decent guy with an excuse to kill. The rape scene should have been axed entirely or given to Merle.

• @Darth Marsden said: Consider it moved. All you had to do was ask, y'know. ;)

Thanks,I never realised you could do that.

Add Comment