User Avatar Image

Spoilers\ What was your decision on the two brothers?

posted by DREWBAA on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

I killed them both.

When I finished the game it said only 12% of players killed them..

Were you guys asleep?? They killed and fed you a member of your own group and held the rest of you in a torture chamber and you let them live?!?!?!

I guess I am going to have to rock the impending apocalypse solo then.. weak.

237 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I let the first one live, he was trapped and wouldn't have gotten far. Killed the second one. There's no way I would have let them get away after what they did. In my world people who act like wild animals deserve to be put down as such.

• Nah, let 'em both live. I wouldn't do it in real life (at least, not as I stand now; after a few months in a zombie world, who knows?).

• I didn't kill them.

But I have to admit, the both of them. Did fucked up shit, we weren't the first survivors to the farm. Look at the back of the barn, smeared and covered with blood and guts everywhere. What the fuck... It's unreal how a fucked up world can make men do something like that.

I didn't kill them because Clementine was watching, I needed her to learn to not be afraid and dismiss enemies when they are no longer a threat (the first was stuck in a custom bear trap and the other was beaten and surrounded by walkers, including their mother. It was poetic justice), also only kill when it's necessary, to protect your friends and loved ones.

Needless to say, I did kill Campman in front of her to set that very important example. And seriously, I felt bad for him. He went through so much shit I felt that blowing his head off would be doing him a favor and making him finally rest in peace.

Wish the game gave me the opportunity to shoot the head in the bag.

• First Playthrough; Killed Danny, spared Andy.
    Second Playthrough; Spared Danny, killed Andy.

• Cruel mercy. Simple. He was either:

A) Going to be devoured by the approaching zombies. A suitably horrific death for what he did to Mark and others.

B) Going to be horribly killed by the angry bandits.

C) Go insane due to the loss of his brother, mother and farm.

All of them were better than giving it to him quickly and unhinging the group.

• @Arbitrator said: Cruel mercy. Simple. He was either:

A) Going to be devoured by the approaching zombies. A suitably horrific death for what he did to Mark and others.

B) Going to be horribly killed by the angry bandits.

C) Go insane due to the loss of his brother, mother and farm.

All of them were better than giving it to him quickly and unhinging the group.

What he said totally.

• I killed both, despite playing the altruistic sucker for the majority of the game. Killed Danny out of murderous rage. Coming off of the Larry incident, I was pissed at Kenny and still feeling incredibly vindictive towards Andy. Thinking this might be the only brother I actually get to kill, I impaled him with great predjudice...Then Clem saw and instantly I felt like I had just made a really bad choice.
    When the chance to kill Andy came around, I actually killed him out of mercy. Sociopathic, cannibalistic hair-puller or not, I couldn't help but pity the guy. (see altruistic sucker)
    His mother and his brother were both dead, his farm (the place where he grew up and his only safe haven) was falling down around him all in the space of one night, thanks to a few people he only met yesterday. Fortunately I had the option to just shoot him, rather than fry him in the fence. I'm a big fan of irony, but I just wanted to spare a little humanity for the poor bastard.

• Killing them would have been too nice. Leaving them for the zombies was better. Anyway Danny was fucked and Andy was broken.

• I just can't let Danny live for some reason. He smacked Lee in the face with Charlotte, tried to blow his head off, and was obviously insane. Plus the whole "Let's waste these assholes" feeling everyone gets when they come out of the meat locker for the first time. Didn't kill Andy the first time through because I felt terrible for killing Danny and Larry up to that point, but it seems a hell of a lot more evil to just let him sit there for the walkers. Same for Danny. I'll probably kill both of them in future playthroughs, since they both die fairly quickly instead of being ripped to pieces (Danny stopped moving pretty fast after the pitchforking, so I assume it was less painful than the walkers).

• I killed Danny but not Andy and that sort of seems to be the "right" way to do it. When you come up against Danny, it's still a tense situation and you can't have guys running around trying to kill you. But when you get the chance to kill Andy, the situation's resolved and he's no longer a threat.

Add Comment