User Avatar Image

Mid-Season Finale

posted by Saoralba131 on - last edited - Viewed by 772 users

I really enjoyed the episode and can't wait for February,what about you guys(and girls),what do you think?

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HiggsBoson2142 said: Sure. He'll survive the next episode. I like Daryl, it's just the undeniable fact that "The dead always win".

It's more like stupid people let the dead win.

• @StanleyStutters said: Most people watching the show haven't read the comics so to them it was a huge moment when Shane was killed off. The post I quoted states that they should kill Daryl off to show that anyone can die no matter how popular the character is. I was saying that killing Shane has already proven to the TV viewers that the show is willing to go in that direction and the deaths of Lori & Sophia show the audience that their not afraid of going in a darker direction.

Killing off major characters may hurt the show since people will stop watching if characters keep getting killed off.

• Then they just should grow up a little bit. People die in TWD.

• @Dead Watcher said: Killing off major characters may hurt the show since people will stop watching if characters keep getting killed off.

31255350.jpg

• @Sodawasser said: I also liked the episode. It surprised me that the Governor betrayed Merle.

Merle already betrayed the Governor. Merle lied about Michonne being dead. That's why the Governor betrayed him back.

• err, wasn't really betrayal, he was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. first getting rid of merle because he was lying and couldn't be trusted and second explaining his folks that it really wasn't his fault, that they are secure but merle helped the terrorists get in.

• @dubesor said: err, wasn't really betrayal, he was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. first getting rid of merle because he was lying and couldn't be trusted and second explaining his folks that it really wasn't his fault, that they are secure but merle helped the terrorists get in.

Except that it was a lie.

• I know, the 2nd part was. But still, the fact that Merle betrayed him majorly just before this made it seem like the governor was reasonable. they need to work on making the governor seem more like he is in the comics, more evil, less excuses.

poor guy lost his penny, poor guy keeps zombieheads to toughen against reality, yadayada. No, stop all this BS and show us the true comic governor

• Some of you really need to start tuning into Talking Dead. Robert Kirkman addressed that very subject Sunday night. They made a conscious decision to start him out as a very nuanced, political-type individual and they would peel these layers back over time and eventually The Governor we all know from the comics will emerge and it will be glorious. People don't seem to take the formula that the showrunners have used since the beginning into account when they form their opinions.

• Except, as I said, it implies that he was transformed by outside events and not actually a bad person to begin with. If they wanted to make that arc more convincing, it needed to have the rape played normally, or taken out. Glen Mazzara is playing the Walking Dead as standard television, and that's one of the biggest problems. It's too far adapted to TV.

Showrunners shouldn't stick to what they always do, they should be more focused on bringing the moments of the comic to life. To me those are Carl shooting [human] Shane, Tyreese in the prison (which still could happen), "We are the walking dead!", Lori's death, and Glenn meeting Lucille. So far, they haven't got a single PANEL right.

Add Comment