User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.3K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Come on guyes... This discussion hans gone on for a little to long, and now it is not even about race anymore, just who is more stupid... Isn't that a little to silly?

Some guy (And I'm to lazy to quote:), said that he wanted back to topic, and was dying to know just a rumor about S2, and when we will get it. Now this guy is smart, cause he knew excatly what I would like to:)

So anything..? Even a rumor:)

• What if the characters in s2 live in a Woodbury type place?

• I don't think there are any rumours (at least I haven't heard any). I guess being smaller mean TTG can keep things quieter , and only release info when they're ready/want to.

I would also guess a governor or Neegan type in season 2, and birth(or just pregnancy) situation, but those aren't rumours :3

• What is this race BS going on here? It has nothing to do with the next season of TWDTG - especially not if we get a new protagonist who isn't Lee everett-colored.

That said, let me (mis-)quote Rick:

'There are no ni**ers any longer, or even stupid rednecks - only the living and the dead.'

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Sorry everyone, had to delete some serious insults in this thread. For some people here, I'm not really sure they meet the age requirements for the game.

The "Clementine skin color level" discussion has ended herewith. Thank you.

• Thanks Vain. It was getting really depressing:)

• Going back to topic, I just had an idea for Season 2: what if Clem got bit and the player had to amputate her arm to make sure she survives? Would be really dark an mirror what happened to Lee.

Not sure if it's going to happen, but this is a speculation thread after all :)

• @Fabrimuch said: Going back to topic, I just had an idea for Season 2: what if Clem got bit and the player had to amputate her arm to make sure she survives? Would be really dark an mirror what happened to Lee.

Not sure if it's going to happen, but this is a speculation thread after all :)

It would definatly be a lot like TWD, if you had to do something like that. It would be cool, eventhough I would really really hate it. I hope you get my point anyway:)

• Okay.. crazy idea.

Since some people think Clem might be the protagonist .. let me say, thats IMPOSSIBLE. The whole point of season 1 was to TEACH Clem what she needs to survive the Apocalypse. So what if, your choices and the whole season 1 transfer thing, makes Clems personality. Certain choices in season 1 might give her a Lilly/Take charge personality if you sided with Lilly, while Siding with Kenny makes her irrational and wanting to take care ofthe people closest to her. If you didn't kill anyone, it'll teach her, killing is only right when VERY nessercary, deciding reasoning is the best choice.

Overall I'd love to see peoples reactions if Telltale decides to make ... Clementine the leader of the Season 2 group.
    It just. Makes. Sense.

• I felt disappointed that Lee had to die (no game way around it), just like Carley.
    It just shows, like in real life you can't have everything.
    On to season 2, if there is one.
    Getting to follow Clementines story is the popular vote, but where does it start. A few months down the road or a few years. Who does she hook up with Molie, or Omid and Christa (or both). She's stuck in a city of the dead, with no resources to speak of, and I have a strange feeling there will be a new cast in season 2 and Clementine will find them or they will find her, as a walker.

Add Comment