User Avatar Image

They added Ben into the TV Series?

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 245 users

I know this is a bit of a stretch and all, but in the mid-season 3 finale they have a new character named Ben. Is it supposed to be the Tall Tale's Ben?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He's somehow based on Ben from the comics, since Allen and Donna are there too, but it's pretty funny that he's a teenager in this. Now I can make jokes about this Ben too. Also, I wonder where Billy is in this?

• @Moggyoxys said: He's somehow based on Ben from the comics, since Allen and Donna are there too, but it's pretty funny that he's a teenager in this. Now I can make jokes about this Ben too. Also, I wonder where Billy is in this?

Probably wanted to avoid the event that happens in the "Fear the Hunters" arc.

On a side note, does anyone know how to do spoiler tags?

• [sp0iler]REPLACE THE 0s with Os[/sp0iler]

• uhh...does anything actually /happen/ in the tv show? It always sounds like the big and/or good bits are changed or completely removed.

• God I hope he acts like TTG's Ben, and gets everyone killed.

• I think the new Ben in the show is actually the comics Ben. Sasha even says "We're out here to bury Donna" in the clip for the Feb. 10th episode that was shown on Talking Dead.

@rachellouise85 The show is chock full of great moments, from the pilot to the current episodes. Yes, it's not a reenactment of the comics, but if it was, that would suck because we would see everything coming and it would get stale fast. If you haven't watched, AMC will be doing a marathon of every episode on New Year's Eve and Day and I highly suggest you check it out. By the end you'll be another gigantic fan of the show. In my opinion, the show helps compliment the comics and the characters in them by adding subtleties and expansion of certain plot points that helps enforce the lessons conveyed in the comics.

• I don't get AMC, at least I don't think so. Not sure what channel it's on here, I keep missing everything. Will probably get boxset or something.

• @rachellouise85 said: uhh...does anything actually /happen/ in the tv show? It always sounds like the big and/or good bits are changed or completely removed.

From my viewpoint, the only thing worth watching was the pilot. The rest is a heavy retooling of the original. If you're not a comic reader, watch the show. If you like the comic, avoid it. Or, you know. Just read the comic.

• @Master of Aeons said: From my viewpoint, the only thing worth watching was the pilot. The rest is a heavy retooling of the original. If you're not a comic reader, watch the show. If you like the comic, avoid it. Or, you know. Just read the comic.

You say that like a heavy retooling is a bad thing. It's the NECESSARY thing when adapting material to another medium. Watching the show will in no way lessen your comics reading experience, unless you have a preconceived and unwavering notion of what you think is the right and irrefutable way to do the series justice. Whether you enjoy the comic, hate it, or have never even heard of it, the show has something to offer any fan of GOOD television.

As for not having AMC, I'm pretty sure they have many episodes available to watch online, on Netflix, etc. and DVD sets typically go for less than $25 each. It's incredibly easy to digest TWD across all media it's represented in.

Add Comment