User Avatar Image

Race in TWD universe

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

the finale was just more evidence that TWD is a racist franchise

271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @marcu5 said: nothing i've said is hypocritical

you just use hypothetical situations and strawman arguments to make your point.

Sure...only the premise you started this on was a strawman. "Lee died saving a white girl. er I mean mixed girl. This is racist!"

• Actually, if you're against racism, then why did you start arguing about it? What I mean, if you really didn't care about races, you wouldn't even have noticed anything wrong in the Tv-series. In example *comic book spoilers* Some people were arguing that Michonne was raped, just because she was black, when they could have just seen it as something that could have happened to anyone from any race.

Edit: I just re-read my comment. It sounds a little harsh, I was not trying to upset anyone, just in case :)

• wow, just typed out a few paragraphs only for the screen to go blank when i hit submit. what the hell? if TTG can't fix simple things like this, it's no wonder they never fixed the PS3 delete bug

• @marcu5 said: wow, just typed out a few paragraphs only for the screen to go blank when i hit submit. what the hell? if TTG can't fix simple things like this, it's no wonder they never fixed the PS3 delete bug

This board is probably tired of your shit.

• Lord knows the rest of us are.

• @HelloCthulhu said: Lord knows the rest of us are.

yet you keep coming back, you have the second most post in this thread :confused:

@HelloCthulhu said: This board is probably tired of your shit.

and you have the 4th most :confused:

• @marcu5 said: this is pretty much it.

t-dawg was nothing more than a errand boy for white characters. disposing of bodies, digging ditches, siphoning gas from vehicles. while white characters actually had a background, dialogue, love interest, t-dawg was a humble servant for his group. only to die by trying to save a white chick.

t-dawg 2.0 (oscar) betrayed his fellow prisoners, shot another black guy. became ricks new lacky for all of 2 days, only to ALSO die saving a white chick.

t-dawg 3.0 (tyrese) probably wont follow the comics at all. seeing as how he's already subservient to carl. i see him also dying the same well his predecessors did.

I'm sorry you feel i am ignorant (it's one of those things you can know you are)

the way you have described those characters is not how i see them and i just don't think i am able to see TWD the way you do (not trying to be rude but i am glad i don't see it your way) and as i have said i think its a shame to watch a fictional drama and think that because a character isn't as well developed as some of the others it's a racist thing to do.

• I remember hearing a guy who worked on The Princess And The Frog, the first animated Disney movie to have a black protagonist, saying this was a no-win situation.

He basically said "If we had her do or say something seen as typically black, people whomped us for stereotyping and being racist. But if we avoided black touchstones and had her behave in a culturally generic way, people accused us of whitewashing her and making her an Oreo. Whatever we did was wrong."

• Wait, wait, wait. T-who?

Haha just kidding :)

I don't see why you guys are arguing over 'TWD is racist' when we're getting Tyreese.

• @Textbook said: I remember hearing a guy who worked on The Princess And The Frog, the first animated Disney movie to have a black protagonist, saying this was a no-win situation.

He basically said "If we had her do or say something seen as typically black, people whomped us for stereotyping and being racist. But if we avoided black touchstones and had her behave in a culturally generic way, people accused us of whitewashing her and making her an Oreo. Whatever we did was wrong."

That quote.

That quote is definitely good enough to be liked by me.

This discussion has been closed.