User Avatar Image

Stop wasting my favourites, TellTale!

posted by Arbitrator on - last edited - Viewed by 751 users

Gah! Finished Episode 4.

I liked Mark, I liked him a lot. He came out of nowhere in terms of the episode but the three month handwave was sufficient. He was a nice guy, useful, had Lee's back and didn't constantly angst about everywhere, oh and he was a nice guy you could easily like.

But off'ing him with the cannibals after about ten minutes of screentime? I dunno, it just felt wasted. Obviously dropping say... Larry n there wouldn't have the same effect, but he was such a sacrificial lamb.

Then Chuck. I didn't know what to make of him at first. I was a little sceptical, but after his talk about protecting Clem, cutting her hair and teaching her to use a firearm, I warmed up to him.

With his 'heroic stand' to save Clem at the start of 4 it was impossible not to love him, even if you weren't a fan before. I also figured he'd get out just fine because "we never saw the body" and all that... but nope, dead. Gone. I would have at least liked to have met him in the sewers one final time (alive that is), maybe hiding out with a bite wound? Getting to talk to Lee one more time before he passes? He went out like a pro, but it still felt a bit... anti-climatic maybe? Wasted? Maybe he could have been at the school instead of Brie and it ends up rubbing even more moral dilemma in the 'save Ben' question.

I understand this is The Walking Dead and that nobody is safe, "No good deed goes unpunished" and in reality your amount of screentime wouldn't dictate how long you survived, but still, I think these are two characters I'd have liked to have spent a lot more time with.

Christine is... she isn't bad, she's just a bit... I dunno, dull? I keep forgetting she's there. Omar vanishes for most of Episode 4, but what little I saw of him in 3 and 4 made me like him a lot. Ben I found boring and bland regardless of his mess ups, Kenny just shouts at me a lot but he's still a great character.

I don't know, I'm not saying everyone needs to be Lee's best friend (I loved Larry as a character), but I feel like we're stuck with the more dull deadweights whilst the interesting potential guys get off'ed about ten minutes later.

On an unrelated note, I heard the zombie contest winner appears in 4. Who was it?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Jeez! People die in the walkind dead! The characters, every single one is there for DYING. Kirkman will even let Rick die, as he said! Maybe Carl will die! Maybe Clem will die! Omid and Christa will die! They all die!

EVERYONE will die!

• I know how The Walking Dead works, I was reading the comics before everybody and their mum discovered it via the TV series, my point is we barely see some of these characters develop. Its inevitable just about everybody is going to die, sure, but I do think characters like Mark and Chuck bit it too early for such potentially great characters in order to make the impact even harder. If Christa or Omid died in Episode 4 it wouldn't have been nearly as great as how on end I was during five.

• eh..well if thats the case and everyone is going to die I like the series a lot less.

• The thing is you gotta know when to stop. Kirkman isn't near stopping, you just gotta get off the trolley. Telltale has the right idea working with finite seasons rather than an ongoing plot.

• We're not saying that most-liked characters shouldn't die. They should completely kill everyone off at some point, in the most brutal way the possible. I think the point is, that people might get bored of everyone getting killed too soon. (possible comic book spoilers) I hope they keep Andrea around for a long time before taking her out. I'm not saying she should become inmortal, but there's a nice chance to make Andrea take a bigger role in the series.

• Chuck did not die in a brutal way. He was killed with a single bullet to the head, probably. But yes, Mark did probably bleed to death or something, I wonder how he got in the first floor again. Its just even person dies, who you barely know. Thats just how it is. Even if you think, they were great persons. Your crying won't help nobody, and, if you like the series a lot less just because of this, you are not a true fan in my humble opinion.

• yea its disappointing to me that all the characters I like in the series die...I must not be a true fan because I dislike one of the major themes of the series.. Its the biggest detractor to the show in my opinion, but you cant please everyone so no point continuing to complain about it. I vented and said my piece and thats it.

• @Will85 said: yea its disappointing to me that all the characters I like in the series die...I must not be a true fan because I dislike one of the major themes of the series.. Its the biggest detractor to the show in my opinion, but you cant please everyone so no point continuing to complain about it. I vented and said my piece and thats it.

This !

• Carely, Mark, Kenny, Lee. Why did they have to kill them?

• @Robbingrobin said: But yes, Mark did probably bleed to death or something, I wonder how he got in the first floor again.

The St. Johns probably threw his ass back upstairs.

Add Comment