User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 8.5K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rock114 said: Wait, so they even messed up the Governor from Rise of the Governor? Not only do they screw up characters from the game, but now they can't even keep their own in line?

@Rock114 said: I really have no idea what Kirkman was thinking with that book...

I had just finished Rise of the Governor when Road to Woodbury arrived. When I read the Road to Woodbury, Lilly was nothing like Lilly (video game) and I kept on reading to see how Lilly becomes a badass or at least toughen up some but it never really happens. Then I turn the page and Lilly is leading a revolt, people like Martinez and Doc. Stevens join her along with Alice. Then the governor seems to soften his stance regarding the revolt which conflicted with the governor presented in Rise of the Governor and even part of Road to Woodbury.

I think if someone had only read Road to Woodbury and knew nothing else of the walking dead they would probably say two things:

1) When did Lilly of Ch1 become the Lilly of ch20 who organizes and leads a rebellion against the governor?
    2) It's a good thing the governor is a kind, forgiving and understanding person or Lilly might be in real trouble.

• @Kiel555- I really don't know if I should read those books. It seemed everything is more easy by not knowing the second Lilly;)

@YamiRaziel- Hey Yami, I %100 agree with you. Some of the things the stranger mentioned are the things Clem blamed Lee for in some way.
    But bringing a little girl to Crawford seemed much more like stranger's bullshit rather than Clem's.

Anyway, neighter I killed psycho brothers nor I stole food from abondoned car; he still found something to blame Lee. "saving the pretty girl with the gun and letting a boy be pulled into the darkness.." , "walking a little girl into a dairy full of sick people and let them get their hands on her" and "bringing her to Crawford" were my sins.

Maybe those Kennylovers may think about it; making their decisions by siding Kenny caused the whole group to be doomed. And by behaving in Kenny's way, they committed the worst sins which some of them were fatal.
    I'd gladly prefer my sins (which were not real sins to me) rather than busting Larry's face, leaving Lilly on the road, stealing from others, killing sick people or letting Clem to eat human meat. The radioman's reasons were so weak and bullshit to me according to my playthrough. Game has proven me that I made the right choices by siding with Lilly, whereat myself.

So, team Lilly to the end :)))

• @dukeleto said: @Kiel555- I really don't know if I should read those books. It seemed everything is more easy by not knowing the second Lilly;)

@YamiRaziel- Hey Yami, I %100 agree with you. Some of the things the stranger mentioned are the things Clem blamed Lee for in some way.
    But bringing a little girl to Crawford seemed much more like stranger's bullshit rather than Clem's.

Anyway, neighter I killed psycho brothers nor I stole food from abondoned car; he still found something to blame Lee. "saving the pretty girl with the gun and letting a boy be pulled into the darkness.." , "walking a little girl into a dairy full of sick people and let them get their hands on her" and "bringing her to Crawford" were my sins.

Maybe those Kennylovers may think about it; making their decisions by siding Kenny caused the whole group to be doomed. And by behaving in Kenny's way, they committed the worst sins which some of them were fatal.
    I'd gladly prefer my sins (which were not real sins to me) rather than busting Larry's face, leaving Lilly on the road, stealing from others, killing sick people or letting Clem to eat human meat. The radioman's reasons were so weak and bullshit to me according to my playthrough. Game has proven me that I made the right choices by siding with Lilly, whereat myself.

you know lilly or kenny had nothing to do with any of the "sins" he listed for you

• @thestalkinghead said: you know lilly or kenny had nothing to do with any of the "sins" he listed for you

Who was so ambitious about stealing from the lone car?
    Busting Larry's head was also one of the other suggestions of an "invisible" man.
    I think there is no need to remind Kenny's feelings when LeeME let Lilly to come with us after she killed Carley?

No offence, but even better than Ben, Kenny is the one ultimate guy who ruined this story. If you don't count Larry, no surprise he lost his own family at first hand, though.
    Poor Katja, she also sided with LeeME rather than her own husband on many situations. It is so sad she and her son suffered by an unfortunate fate. They deserved much better.

• @dukeleto said: @Kiel555- I really don't know if I should read those books. It seemed everything is more easy by not knowing the second Lilly;)

The rise of the governor is definitely worth reading. It really is a good story about surviving in the ZA long before those characters get to Woodbury. The road to woodbury, on the other hand, is a good read if you like everything walking dead like I do :D. As characters and story goes, Lilly of the video game is far superior to Lilly of the novel so that part is disappointing.

I agree completely with you that the root cause of all the group woes was Kenny. But since this is not the fuck Kenny thread, I'll just say that now that season 1 is complete, my appreciation for Lilly and all she did is greater and I sure wish I could have gone with her in the RV.

• Okay, fellas, we have a brand new Lilly (not only) appreciation group. If you love well written characters and enjoy discussing the complexities of their personalities, feel free to join us. The link is in my signature.

• @YamiRaziel said: Okay, fellas, we have a brand new Lilly (not only) appreciation group. If you love well written characters and enjoy discussing the complexities of their personalities, feel free to join us. The link is in my signature.

i'll join

Lilly was a pretty good character and of course well developed

• @YamiRaziel said: Okay, fellas, we have a brand new Lilly (not only) appreciation group. If you love well written characters and enjoy discussing the complexities of their personalities, feel free to join us. The link is in my signature.

would it be wrong for me to join, i don't love her but i love to hate her :)

• Well if your only reason for joining is hating on Lilly, than there isn't really a point. You can do that in each of the 10000 topics that were created with that purpose :) The rules for the group are a bit different. Since we've gathered there to discuss well written characters, plain and unsupported hate is just... unnecessary. Civil tone is the pre-requirement for joining :D
    It's your call, mate.

• @YamiRaziel said: Well if your only reason for joining is hating on Lilly, than there isn't really a point. You can do that in each of the 10000 topics that were created with that purpose :) The rules for the group are a bit different. Since we've gathered there to discuss well written characters, plain and unsupported hate is just... unnecessary. Civil tone is the pre-requirement for joining :D
    It's your call, mate.

I'm not gonna troll i do think she is a great character and well written, in different circumstances she would have been on my "team", it was just that in my story she wasn't working along the same lines i was, a bit like larry if he never knew who Lee was or he had a different past i would have had him on my "team" once he calmed down about duck :)

Add Comment