User Avatar Image

The TV show isn't canon to the Comics so...

posted by Doctanian on - last edited - Viewed by 718 users

Lee and Clementine might pop up. You never know. The TV show has basically said "fuck the comic canon" on occasion.
[LIST=1]
[*]We haven't even seen Lilly in Woodbury, instead we got the Haley chick who's probably a mashup of Lilly and someone else.
[*]We got the Dixon brothers, two totally new characters (that are awesome, by the way).
[*]Shane lasted longer than Sophia (who's still alive in the comics).
[*]Dale died earlier than Shane.
[*]Carol's still alive.
[*]Lilly/Haley didn't shoot Lori, Carl did.
[*]Judith is still alive.
[*]Tyreese was supposed to show up a lot sooner than he did.
[/LIST]

So, for all we know, Lee could possibly make an appearance in the TV show, alive, with both his arms, lol. And so could Clem.

And the game is a force to be reckoned with. Amazing reviews and sales, so for the TV show creators to incorporate elements and characters from the game wouldn't be as unlikely as you think.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • you guys need to keep one thing in mind.... kirkman is very influential in the comics obviously and the tv show, while he has pretty much 0 influence on the game. so he gets no say on the characters etc. it is pretty obvious that the show wont take the game chars because they are different writers and different people responsable. also lee has too many similiarities to Tyreese to be included as a 'NEW' character. lee and tyreese-while different- share many same attributes, both are black males around the same age with around the same qualities, both are capable of leading groups and are generally considered being nice and outlooking for their group. so far there is no character in the game that the tv series could need.

  • @kongdong said: you guys need to keep one thing in mind.... kirkman is very influential in the comics obviously and the tv show, while he has pretty much 0 influence on the game. so he gets no say on the characters etc. it is pretty obvious that the show wont take the game chars because they are different writers and different people responsable. also lee has too many similiarities to Tyreese to be included as a 'NEW' character. lee and tyreese-while different- share many same attributes, both are black males around the same age with around the same qualities, both are capable of leading groups and are generally considered being nice and outlooking for their group. so far there is no character in the game that the tv series could need.

    Kirkman has no influence on the game? I do not believe this, Kirkman is the creator of the Kanon of the game, so he can say a hell of a lot.

  • @Robbingrobin said: Kirkman has no influence on the game? I do not believe this, Kirkman is the creator of the Kanon of the game, so he can say a hell of a lot.

    I thought R.Kirkman just helped with the developing of Ep.1 :confused:

  • Lee appearing on that show may cause Tyreese's death. So no thanks.

  • Pretty sure all the interviews about the game with kirkman I ever saw he always said he doesn't write their characters nor story..... maybe some tt-employee can enlighten us but i am pretty sure kirkman has no fingers in telltales game other than judging after they already did everything.

  • @Tyrant said: Lee appearing on that show may cause Tyreese's death. So no thanks.

    You act as if TWD can't have more than two black people at a time... oh wait.

  • @dubesor said: Pretty sure all the interviews about the game with kirkman I ever saw he always said he doesn't write their characters nor story..... maybe some tt-employee can enlighten us but i am pretty sure kirkman has no fingers in telltales game other than judging after they already did everything.

    Geez! Everything what happens in the comics universe also happens in the game's universe. So if Kirkman would have said "Newborns are never infected" for example, nobody in the game could ever have a zombie babie, get it?

  • I don't see AMC putting telltales characters in the show. While the show and game are based off the comic they are still different properties.

    You would never see Daryl in a Telltale game.

  • @trd84 said: I don't see AMC putting telltales characters in the show. While the show and game are based off the comic they are still different properties.

    You would never see Daryl in a Telltale game.

    This is good~

  • @trd84 said: I don't see AMC putting telltales characters in the show. While the show and game are based off the comic they are still different properties.

    You would never see Daryl in a Telltale game.

    Activison's making a game based on Daryl and Merle, so it's not entirely out of the question.

Add Comment