User Avatar Image

Your Favorite Decisions

posted by PeopleSandwich on - last edited - Viewed by 479 users

I think one of my most memorable moments during this game was the meat locker scene in Starved For Help. Without the benefit of hindsight and ignoring the fact this is a game which you can reload if you die, I really think the Larry choice is the best decision in the game.

For

-You are completely unarmed and Larry is a massive guy. The salt lick would only be a useful weapon against a still body, attempting to hit a moving walker with it would be difficult.
-Clem was right there with you and the door was locked.
-Due to Larry's condition and the lack of access to the medical supplies, there was very little chance of recovery.
-Larry had proven himself to be a dangerous liability at times, nearly throwing a child into the street, he attempted to murder Lee, and he was the last person who could potentially expose Lee at the time.
-Look at the trouble nearly the whole group had earlier in the episode with the one legged teacher, Larry would have been far more of a handful.

Against

-There was no way to know if he would recover, so you were effectively murdering a living man, something you had not done before in this game.

I killed Larry, but what an awesome choice, truly no clear definitive right or wrong course. I really hope Season 2 has more really tough decisions like this one, there were a lot in Episode 2, I think that's why it's my favorite episode overall.

What was your favorite decision in the game?

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't really like the Doug/Carly one because it was very black and white "save one, damn the other" and doesn't take into account things like "she only has one on her ankle" and comes down more to how much you like the character (and most people picked the person with tits, shocker) by contrast to the Kill/Revive Larry which has a very grey area too it.

I quite enjoyed the Ben choice. His own acceptance of how much of a screw up he was and willingness to die to be useful, combined with our own dislike as players, at the same time you knowing its pretty much killing him on purpose.

• @Robbingrobin said: I just wonder...

I someone dies and is not able to breath by himself and you do CPR, you can keep him from turning, right?

Without medical help, I don't think so. Wasn't CPR supposed to keep the person alive until the medics could use their equipment? I still tried to save Larry, because I thought he could be still saved, but now I think he was screwed :(

@Robbingrobin said: I didn't really like the Doug/Carly one because it was very black and white "save one, damn the other" and doesn't take into account things like "she only has one on her ankle" and comes down more to how much you like the character (and most people picked the person with tits, shocker) by contrast to the Kill/Revive Larry which has a very grey area too it.

While some people chose Carley because she was hot, some others picked her because they spent half of the first episode with Carley and just got to talk to Doug a few times, I think of her being pretty just an "extra"

• @Ghositex said: Without medical help, I don't think so. Wasn't CPR supposed to keep the person alive until the medics could use their equipment? I still tried to save Larry, because I thought he could be still saved, but now I think he was screwed :("

Yes, but if hes heart keeps pumping blood through his body... And he still had a pulse. And you could see how his mouth moved to cough/talk. I actually retried this passage a few times because I thought if I'd be fast enough, Kenny would not have killed him.

• @Robbingrobin said: I just wonder...

I someone dies and is not able to breath by himself and you do CPR, you can keep him from turning, right?

lol There was a webisode of the Walking Dead. A woman found a dead woman on the street and rushed to her help. She started giving her CPR, and the woman reanimated and bit the other woman's lip. I don't know if that theory is true, but I sure as hell wouldn't try it.

• I don't know if it is considered a real choice, but whether to shoot that woman in the woods or not, was hard. She seemed completely insane.

• A woman found a "dead" woman. Maybe she already real died, that means "No pulse". Larry had one.

• Fixing the swing in episode 2... Ok not really.

The Larry incident was probably the defining moment where the game turned from an interesting interactive comic to a heart-wrenching mind f###. I think most of the tough
    choices in Episode 2 and the decisions following the consequences of a deranged Lily in episode 3 were all my favorites.

• @IndigoHawk said: The rations in episode 2 were a great choice. I spent a good chunk of time trying to think up a fair way to hand them out and wondering if I was choosing who was going to live or die. Back then, I didn't know that it didn't matter who got the food ... I liked thinking that every little choice could have a big or a small impact.

Good point that decision didn't cross my mind when I made this thread but it's actually a tough one even when replaying.

For me, Clem and Duck are always going to get fed. After that it's hard to be fair, I offered Carly food first time, but it wasn't an apple and she said no, I offered Lily something because I imagined she'd been neglecting herself, but she was a bitch to me. I think in the end I fed Mark and Larry as they were working.

Kenny was happy I took care of the kids and Lily was happy I fed Larry.

• Dropping Ben/Leaving Lilly on the road.

Reason: Both were intensely satisfactory for me.

Add Comment