User Avatar Image

In the even of zombie apocalypse, would the president nuke the country ?

posted by Typicaljacob on - last edited - Viewed by 1.0K users

So back in the cold war, we all made shelter right? so in the event of a zombie apocalypse wouldnt the president ( or any other vip and government officials along with military) hole up in a shelter and try to quarantine out/in the walkers with nukes? something i wondered

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Typicaljacob said: I think stalking head was saying that it would create more zombies by killing living people from radiation. Though, the thought of radiation "frying our brain" has crossed my mind which makes me think if the use of nuclear weapons would be useful.

yeah thanks, and also from what i have heard about the way (lower than instantly fatal) radiation kills people is by damaging the cells and it is usually the weaker cells like the ones in our intestines that break down and kills people and also people would be breathing in the radiation and that would destroy their lungs.

then once people have died and become zombies the zombie magic that stops their brains from rotting along with the rest of the body would kick in and they would roam the irradiated earth :)

• @Panzer89 said: I take the thought of using nuclear weapons VERY seriously as it's not a trivial matter and I discuss it with others in the same fashion. They are very scary, very destructive, and very real things. Detonating a nuclear device in any populace should always be used as a last resort and should NEVER be an option to use on domestic soil no matter how bad the threat and yes that includes zombies.

Also the edit post function exists you should probably use it. Quadruple posting is just bad forum etiquette.

Never said they were toys either. I do realize the sheer force and destruction Of nuclear weapons possess. And okie dokey then, pardon my forum etiquette.

• @thestalkinghead said: then once people have died and become zombies the zombie magic that stops their brains from rotting along with the rest of the body would kick in and they would roam the irradiated earth :)

Brains never stop decaying, nothing in your body stops decaying, so there is no zombie magic. Lol

• ...I'll never stop wondering how in the Hell the military couldn't beat the zombies.
    Now, On topic. Yes. I believe the best solution would be to just nuke out the world. (Here an answer comes from a dude who doesn't know shit about nukes)

• Napalm use for highly populated areas would be highly effective. Nukes are for dummies.

• @Toasty said: Brains never stop decaying, nothing in your body stops decaying, so there is no zombie magic. Lol

so why aren't their brains dripping out of their ears and nose, the brain has to be intact for a zombie to "live" the brain should rot and decay along with the rest of the body.

The brain doesn't rot or decay in a zombie = zombie magic stops the brain from rotting and decaying

• @thestalkinghead said: so why aren't their brains dripping out of their ears and nose, the brain has to be intact for a zombie to "live" the brain should rot and decay along with the rest of the body.

The brain doesn't rot or decay in a zombie = zombie magic stops the brain from rotting and decaying

well, in the walking dead tv series, the doctor notes that they do decay and hunger. but at a much much slower rate.

• @thestalkinghead said: so why aren't their brains dripping out of their ears and nose, the brain has to be intact for a zombie to "live" the brain should rot and decay along with the rest of the body.

There isn't zombie magic, and they wouldn't drip out of the ears and nose.. because it doesn't turn to liquid. It just decays as in "being eatin away by bacteria and stuff."

• You missed the point of that. If the brain decays, as you say, there's nothing sustaining the zombie according to the rules of the lore. Zombies function off of the brain. If you destroy that, they die. If it's already destroyed, then the premise makes no sense.

That's why we're saying there's magic.

Add Comment