User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 130.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Noname215 said: You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.

You sound like one of THEM. I'm just human, and I'm trying to cope with the human experience.

• @Alcoremortis said: One of my teachers always said that the super good people got tempted more and if they succumbed, their fall was even greater than the regular just kinda okay people. So I decided as a kid that I'd rather just be kinda okay and just slip under the radar.

Actually, what the Bible says is that teachers are held to a higher standard because they have the power to lead people astray:

James 3:1-4
    Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check. 3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go.

Also, Jesus chastized the Pharasees a lot, not because they were "super good" and yet had fallen, but because their supposed spirituality was just a facade to make themselves look good, and he saw right through it.

In fact, the Bible says "for everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard" (Romans 3:23), and "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9).

So, there really is no "super good" by that measure.

• In other news, new Youtube layout sucks, sky is blue, and gravity makes things fall.

• @Gman5852 said: In other news, new Youtube layout sucks

Just noticed this. Why do they gotta fix stuff that ain't broke?

• @Secret Fawful said: You sound like one of THEM. I'm just human, and I'm trying to cope with the human experience.

I was just kidding. I understand how you feel.

• @Chyron8472 said: Just noticed this. Why do they gotta fix stuff that ain't broke?

Facebook Syndrome.

• @Chyron8472 said:
    @Noname: If it really is a ghost, and you pray to God for protection from it, you will be protected. No joke. Totally serious.

Truth. Not saying I believe in supernatural. I've heard the term "Healthy skepticism" for what I have. But if you do believe in the supernatural, faith will have a lot of power.

@Chyron8472 said: Just noticed this. Why do they gotta break stuff further that was already broke?

fixed that for you.

• I'm a banana!
    (Please don't eat me! :O)

This discussion has been closed.