User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 93.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm definitely not a thing or anything.
    Just a banana. (Please don't eat me. Pretty please! :D)

• @Noname215 said: jgrzaf.gif

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.

• @Chyron8472 said: 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

God I want an army of Ape Escape plush toys and to have the classic series Master beard style!

• @coolsome said: God I want an army of Ape Escape plush toys and to have the classic series Master beard style!

All I want now is a Gangham style video featuring the Master's beard.

• @Chyron8472 said: On that topic, I would say the "Holy Spirit", not Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit. It's like holy water ... only with a good deal more alcohol.

• @Chyron8472 said: It's not my purpose to judge or to preach, and I'm sorry if I come off like it is.

I don't know you, and I'll be honest when I say I don't typically read anything that's said in these religious debates because I just don't care. At all.

All I'm saying is that I have never met a Christian who wasn't in some sense judgmental of everyone else, while bragging about how humble they are. And if you judge them, they'll say "Only God can judge". The only ones in those circles who haven't been like that are very, very loose to begin with and have no problem saying "fuck" or "shit" or watching R rated movies or something.

Legitimately, things that I don't give a flying shit about- but I would get judged for that. I don't hate Christians, and I don't hate religion, and I don't blame it for everything, and I don't care about arguing religion or even discussing it anymore. Hell, if I can't discuss religion with the religious without being gangbanged for it, I don't think I really need to discuss it ever. I'm far more interested in science and the understanding of our universe anyway than I am in the moral questions and philosophies. I just think it's sad that these so called chosen of God are among the most judgmental, unkind, mean-spirited people I've ever come across. When you realize that the people who don't have religion or care are typically better, nicer, kinder people (not always but on the ratio they win) then you start to realize something is very, very wrong with this religious institution of yours.

Figuratively speaking, the devil spends more time in the church than the religious do.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

That's the second night in a row that the police were called in because my apartment was making too much noise- except that both me and my roommate are reading in silence, and quiet hours don't start until 11PM. W've also gotten notes shoved into the keyhole saying that we are talking too loud past 9PM and disturbing someone's sleep- but the person in question hasn't you know, actually come up to our room to talk with us and even see if it is us that is making said noise.

Who the heck is calling the cops on us?

(also, yes, I live in an apartment with quiet hours. Don't judge me)

This discussion has been closed.