User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.7K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well I just finished Deathspank and I do agree with many of the points. The story was fun and game play simple yet challenging. But no real re-play value, I have done all the quests and gotten all the achievements.

So coming up next, Thongs of Virtue.

• Fallblox, Magicka, and Shank.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Giana Sisters DS, which is a lot better than I thought it'd be. Starts off as a basic Mario clone (which is somewhat fitting), but gets more interesting as the game goes on. Very pleasantly surprised with it.

Also, Doom 3 with SikkMod. So it looks... uh, prettier. I guess. I dunno, it always looked pretty to me.

• So I've been playing Dungeons of Dredmor and is it just me or did the expansions make the game a ton easier? I'm currently sitting on over 400k gold and every single type of wand, potion, and crafting material. My dodge chance is so high that even the boss creatures only have less than a fifty percent chance of hitting me and I have a constant regeneration effect so large that even when they do it heals after a few rounds. And then I have about thirty of every type of cheese, not to mention steak, deep omlettes, etc.

I'm literally turning rare artifacts into lutefisk simply to save the time it would take to sell them at a shop.

I guess this means I should play as a Vegan or some other class that punishes you for doing anything.

• Jak and Daxter, Bit Trip. Runner, and The "Denpa" Men.

• So, as of last night at one-thirty, I started playing Amnesia. Haven't met any monsters yet, but have already started to go insane and went on this mad dash through the house when a room started shaking. So far, so good.

• I'm still plugging away at Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, I finished Assassin's Creed III yesterday, and I'm now doing a live Let's Play-ish run of the Sonic the Hedgehog series with my friends (at least what games I already own and can play on a console). I finished Sonic 1 last night.

I don't know what I'm dreading more, Sonic CD, Sonic 4, Secret Rings, or Unleashed.

Edit: I would include Sonic 2006, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations, but I don't own them.

• @Alcoremortis said: I guess this means I should play as a Vegan or some other class that punishes you for doing anything.

Forget about Vegan. It makes the game too easy too.

• @der_ketzer said: Forget about Vegan. It makes the game too easy too.

Well, I skipped the last few levels and now I'm content with repeatedly getting murdered by Dredmor. Turns out that my ridiculous dodge bonus does nothing against him. So I'll probably have to go back through the other floors and get my stuff enchanted up the wazoo.

Add Comment