User Avatar Image

not lee! noooooo

posted by Burfrickydur on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

just finished ep 5. great story, i dunno about that ending tho! lee better not be dead!

much like the tv series i feel like if certain characters die (glen and daryl mostly) i'd stop watching. ill check out season 2 to see how clem made out but if lee is dead...

for me clem and lee make the game what it is. just my opinion

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @montesinos7 said: Lee should have lived--- I know bla bla they had to do it to keep the game compelling but not really. Look at for example the Star Wars movies--- Luke survives and the story is still compelling!

but Darth Vader dies, and i didn't want that to happen when i first watched it, so Lee was like Darth Vader

• @Robbingrobin said: I am surrounded by Idiots...

I think I should use this as a signature.

Please, grow up. The more I read your crying about the death of characters, the more I hope telltale finishes off the maincharacter of S2.

It's fiction. Get a grip. You're arguably as worse as the people you're complaining about. People are just upset their favorite characters died. Nothing wrong with that. The deaths in the series are designed to stir two main emotions: sadness or anger.

Prime example: Kenny being pissed (angry) at Katjaa for committing suicide.
    Another example: Clementine being sad about Lee's demise.

If you feel indifferent about the death of characters, you're probably just as cold and inhuman as some characters become in the series... and that's not a good thing.

• Most people dont want their player character to die at the end of a game..your probably the minority if you arent bothered by it. And we arent crying about it, its a discussion about an aspect of the game that we disliked.

• @Doctanian said: It's fiction. Get a grip. You're arguably as worse as the people you're complaining about. People are just upset their favorite characters died. Nothing wrong with that. The deaths in the series are designed to stir two main emotions: sadness or anger.

Prime example: Kenny being pissed (angry) at Katjaa for committing suicide.
    Another example: Clementine being sad about Lee's demise.

If you feel indifferent about the death of characters, you're probably just as cold and inhuman as some characters become in the series... and that's not a good thing.

I never said the deaths made me not unhappy! But its the walking Dead. I know with what I deal it here, and I know that bitching won't help. Yes, maybe thats cold and inhuman, but I am at least on the living side. Lee is dead. Nobody else wanted him not dead more than me (okay, maybe not).

I could not bear the thought that Lee lies death next to a radiator and a dead cop with a chopped of arm in some store in Savannah. I let him die to what he always fought. In Episode 3 I thought I could let him go, if something bad happens to Clementine, but I just could not. What if he gets okay? But the dev. said he is dead and I just try to deal with it.

Crying about the death is foolish. I do not want to be foolish.

• Its the point of the company makes you think your choices efect the game but they dont people die no matter what you do.Also lee dies no matter if you take the food from the car or choose to leave it for the other survivers who are clearly still around due to a fresh car battery making the lights and door buzzer work its a clear case of false advertising if no matter what you do the story plays out the same you have no choice.Yes it sucks that Lee dies and of course anyone can die but its all on choice its not set in stone and truthfully i wouldnt have spent any money on it if i knew it was set NOT BY CHOICE

• @Robbingrobin said: I am surrounded by Idiots...

I think I should use this as a signature.

Please, grow up. The more I read your crying about the death of characters, the more I hope telltale finishes off the maincharacter of S2.

Got nothing to do with growing up,we all are playing the same game but some people like to play it in a different way than others,if you are happy for all the characters to be killed off then cool for you but that doesn't have to be the case for everyone on here.
    Now i've played one series of the game i know what to expect and i will care less about the choices i make because i know the charaters are going to die anyway,no point nurturing a character i might aswell go hell for leather it makes no difference...they are snuffed out at the end anyway:p

• @robuk said: Got nothing to do with growing up,we all are playing the same game but some people like to play it in a different way than others,if you are happy for all the characters to be killed off then cool for you but that doesn't have to be the case for everyone on here.
    Now i've played one series of the game i know what to expect and i will care less about the choices i make because i know the charaters are going to die anyway,no point nurturing a character i might aswell go hell for leather it makes no difference...they are snuffed out at the end anyway:p

Yeah, then do it. I will not care less for those characters. I liked Lee, Carley, Doug, Ben, Kenny and Lilly too and I wished more than once the makers had them let go other ways. But they did not, and I know what I play, and that people die in this universe.

• To sum this thread up:

Some people won't want to play season 2 if Lee is dead.
    Some people won't want to play season 2 if Lee is alive.

Telltale are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

As for me, I hope Telltale sticks to it's guns and make sure that Lee stays dead. Having him Jesus his way into season 2 would ruin episode 5 for me. I think many of us are spoiled by Hollywoods preoccupation with happy endings. Not everything has to end in "happily ever after", sometimes it's good to give the person experiencing the story a different emotion to finish on.

• i agree with dee23, TTG screwed Lee over

Add Comment