User Avatar Image

2012 VGA's

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 992 users

I have created this thread for those of us who will be watching the VGA's have a chance to discuss the nominee's, the awards, and overall everything we thought about the show.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think TWD deserved its win, and I would like to use the massive amount of people slamming it for winning as proof.

• @thestalkinghead said: i left out the ones i haven't played, my point about twitch reaction based games (Super Hexagon,Super Meat Boy,Trials Evolution) is that they aren't difficult in my opinion because they don't require thought just reaction, just like a QTE.

...???

Okay, so when presented with a screen in Meatboy, you don't think in the slightest about what you're going to do and then progressively tweak what you're doing until you've finally beat a level? Is this somehow easier than the Walking Dead? I haven't played the game, but I'm genuinely confused here. :confused:

And while I think it's great that the team got to celebrate a victory (they all seemed pretty happy), it IS the vgas and therefore the victory feels significantly more mild to me.

• Oh and there is another thing I'm really getting sick of which is the idea that the harder a game is the better it is. Absolute bollocks that. Super Meat Boy for example I just find annoying and not enjoyable in the slightest. Trials HD & Evolution on the other hand I've had a lot of fun with.

• @corruptbiggins said: Oh and there is another thing I'm really getting sick of which is the idea that the harder a game is the better it is. Absolute bollocks that. Super Meat Boy for example I just find annoying and not enjoyable in the slightest.

While I think difficulty doesn't make a game, I think to each their own on whether the game is fun or not. I have yet to beat the game, but I still really enjoy it. I find the challenge fun.

• @corruptbiggins said: Typical of attitudes on here that a chance to celebrate a success is also used as a stick to beat the company with.

Success at what? It's a popularity contest in the most superficial sense. I'm not knocking TTG, I'm just saying this isn't really that impressive. Especially considering it's the VGAs.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Success at what? It's a popularity contest in the most superficial sense. I'm not knocking TTG, I'm just saying this isn't really that impressive. Especially considering it's the VGAs.

Thanks for making my point.

• How did I make your point? I just said I wasn't knocking TTG. Which means I'm not using it as a stick to beat the company with. The fact of whether or not TWD is a good game or a hard/easy game has nothing to do with the fact that winning something at the VGAs is not impressive.

• Okay, soooooooo, what is this game that supposedly will get old-school gamers excited?

Or did he mean old school gamers, as in gamers who are at school, where the school is kinda old?

• @GaryCXJk said: Or did he mean old school gamers, as in gamers who are at school, where the school is kinda old?

This one I guess.

• @MusicallyInspired said: How did I make your point? I just said I wasn't knocking TTG. Which means I'm not using it as a stick to beat the company with. The fact of whether or not TWD is a good game or a hard/easy game has nothing to do with the fact that winning something at the VGAs is not impressive.

Just the whole belittling their success by not calling it a success at all. Comes across as a bit bitter in my view. That was the point I felt you made for me, regarding the post you quoted - nothing to do with my earlier comments about difficultly in games and quality.

For a studio of this size winning a popularity contest (which is what it essentially is) is impressive.

Add Comment