User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 15.9K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

nope

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

Yes, AVG. But it isnt blocking access to the game

no D:

• I´m sick of waiting for nothing. You don't give a damn about your customers and i want my money back. I have this game since pre order of Steam, and i can´t play it since the episode 2
    Your simply don't care about us

• @Mike said: Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
    Mike

How do I get a refund for this game .... I got to play episode one ... then when I tried to download Episode 2 ... took all day and then stuck on 99%.

I read some posts about this particular problem and they said they uninstalled and reinstalled ... I tried that, it didn't work. I really don't like lining someones pockets when supplied with a product that doesn't work.

• I have just upgraded to Windows 8 and the game is crashing on startup for me too. At first I thought it was because of Windows 8, but then I unplugged my Xbox wireless controller receiver and the game stops crashing.

I plugged the receiver back in after game startup. There is no crash then, but the controller is not recognized by the game.

If this could be fixed that would be great. I don't mind using mouse and keyboard to play the game, but prefer to use the Xbox wireless controller

• @Mike said: Hi,

I'm using Windows Firewall (Windows 7 64-bit), the game has access.

Avira Antivir, up to date, not blocking the game.

Nope.

• @masquelaluna said: I´m sick of waiting for nothing. You don't give a damn about your customers and i want my money back. I have this game since pre order of Steam, and i can´t play it since the episode 2
    Your simply don't care about us

Im waiting for the same time, and there is no answer, i want my money back because you dont do something about it you just say "its quiet difficult" but you dont help at all

• 1. Standard Windows Firewall

2. No AV

3. YES game works fine if I disable internet - I run Walking Dead and BEFORE clicking continue, alt-tab out, disable internet connection, alt-tab in again, then it loads fine. With internet on it crashes.

HOW is this even possible? Some insane DRM implentation? Hire some tech engineers that actually have a clue instead of stalling or pretending there's no issues like you've done since your first game. This is the LAST time I'll purchase ANY telltale game again.

• I was getting this exact error and I determined the culprit to be my Razor Onza USB Xbox controller. When it is plugged in, the "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error pops up. When it is unplugged, the game starts normally.

This may or may not be the definitive solution, but if anyone is still experiencing this issue, try unplugging any USB game controllers before running the game.

• This is terrible. I just bought the game off STEAM and can not get it to work. Same problem as everyone else. No, I do not have an XBOX controller plugged in. I've tried changing the compatibility of walkingdead1o1.exe to every option, and I've tried installing the ".dll" fix. Nothing works. What a waste of money! I wish I had looked into this game more and read about all the problems people are having before wasting my money.

• @Jamest1979 said: This is terrible. I just bought the game off STEAM and can not get it to work. Same problem as everyone else. No, I do not have an XBOX controller plugged in. I've tried changing the compatibility of walkingdead1o1.exe to every option, and I've tried installing the ".dll" fix. Nothing works. What a waste of money! I wish I had looked into this game more and read about all the problems people are having before wasting my money.

Try this James

This is for Window 7 user
    Keep the dinput8.dll
    go to the compatibility tab
    click on the box change setting for all users
    uncheck all the box
    The only box you need to check is the RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMIN
    click ok

Hope this help

This discussion has been closed.