User Avatar Image

Another "Walkingdead101.exe has stopped working" thread

posted by mayonayz on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

Hi guys and gals,

I purchased the Walking Dead game on Steam prior to episode 3 coming out. I was able to play through both episodes without any problems. When episode 3 was released, my game bugged. I have been searching and trying for MONTHS to get my game to work, and failed.

The error message I get is the one stated in the title of the thread, and occurs when I click to continue on the title screen as the game crashes.

I have tried every single thing I found in FAQs online, in threads, etc... and need further help.

If you need info from me, I can provide.

Just please someone help me!

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Got this same issue starting chapter 5. Oh and it also won't recognize any of my saved games any more. Yay! Game of the Year!

• I've uninstalled the game - I'm not planning to play it or buy another TellTale game until this is resolved.

• This is the most ridiculous error I've seen, it seems to be due to Steam re-jigging things after Episode 3 but the complete LACK of support from Telltale is beyond absurd.

If you disable your internet connection prior to pressing "click start/Click continue" it works for me (How this is possible I don't know)

If that fails sometimes it's the USB or Wireless controller, disconnect that prior to launching the game and see if that helps.

My Specs: Win7 64bit, AMD 6970, XBOX wireless controller.

• @nevins said: This is the most ridiculous error I've seen, it seems to be due to Steam re-jigging things after Episode 3 but the complete LACK of support from Telltale is beyond absurd.

If you disable your internet connection prior to pressing "click start/Click continue" it works for me (How this is possible I don't know)

If that fails sometimes it's the USB or Wireless controller, disconnect that prior to launching the game and see if that helps.

My Specs: Win7 64bit, AMD 6970, XBOX wireless controller.

I'll try in offline mode.

I do not own a controller, so the controller thing is not my problem- might be for someone else, tho!

• This is getting beyond ridiculous. Can someone from the company address this issue? I am VERY close to demanding my money back. This is not how you treat customers- you released a product that is broken. You cannot fix it. Either fix it, or return my money.

• Does anyone in Telltale have any shred of decency? ESPECIALLY after winning GOTY at the VGAs? I mean, I'm happy about that, don't get me wrong, but how do you win an accolade like that while completely ignoring an entire community of players DYING to play the damned game but can't due to bugs and glitches?! I've been a customer and a fan since the beginning, from Bone to Sam & Max, Poker Night, and now TWD. What the hell happened? I get the feeling that this game was optimized for iOS and all other platforms can kick rocks. This, unfortunately will have to be the last Telltale game I buy.

• I would like to re-bump this thread on account of having the same problem. I have troubleshooted, I have tried all the fixes offered in the faq. The only one I can't try is running the .exe in admin. The right-clicking it offers no means of running as admin and there's no compatibility tab in the properties. Out of the kindness of his heart and excitement from his own experience, an online buddy of mine gifted me a copy for Christmas. I've read many people complaining that Telltale doesn't have a sense of urgency in dealing with major bugs. I don't know if this is true, but God if they don't, I hope the fix it up pretty soon.

Add Comment