User Avatar Image

Why are comments disabled in the TTG blog? ("Blogs" section in this site)

posted by OMA on - last edited - Viewed by 583 users

I just noticed that the latest half a dozen blog posts have all 0 comments, which I thought it's very odd as every blog post in the past had lots of comments. So I've checked it out and I've effectively found out that there is no comments section anymore. Why is that?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Because a considerable portion of the people who were posting were being generally horrible people and rude in far too many ways.

• Yeah, so basically people are assholes

• Oh, I just figured the posting slowed down now that people won't have to bitch about a next episode. To be fair, I stopped looking reading the comments once Episode 3 and 4 were spoiled for me because of it.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@OMA said: I just noticed that the latest half a dozen blog posts have all 0 comments, which I thought it's very odd as every blog post in the past had lots of comments. So I've checked it out and I've effectively found out that there is no comments section anymore. Why is that?

People on the comments were posting tons of complaints about games in posts about other games. Posts were insulting Telltale and its staff, and posts were insulting other members of the community. Some posts even went so far as to impersonate other people since the comments didn't require registration. In a nutshell, people were really abusing the ability to post comments, so the comments were taken down.

• @Jennifer said: People on the comments were posting tons of complaints about games in posts about other games. Posts were insulting Telltale and its staff, and posts were insulting other members of the community. Some posts even went so far as to impersonate other people since the comments didn't require registration. In a nutshell, people were really abusing the ability to post comments, so the comments were taken down.

If anyone wants an example of this.

• There should be a system where the balls of the poster are removed, and if the post happens to be not-cruddy, they get their balls back.

• The GOTY version could just have an animation with A.J. Locascio pointing towards the screen with a Woody Woodpecker laugh, exclaiming "Tricked you into purchasing the GOTY edition!"

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@GaryCXJk said: There should be a system where the balls of the poster are removed, and if the post happens to be not-cruddy, they get their balls back.

Most of the aggressive posters on the blog did not even use the relative anonymity of their forum name, but instead chose to use full anonymity by not registering at all. So you could say those balls never existed in the first place, and what can't be taken can't be given back eventually. :D

I guess that until the new site is up, which changes blog comments considerably, the option to comment won't return. Which isn't really a loss at all. It's not as if people were discussing the respective blog entry anyway. :( :(

• To be perfectly honest, I forgot we had a blog to look at.

And there's not even a blog about the VGAs!

• @Vainamoinen said: I guess that until the new site is up, which changes blog comments considerably, the option to comment won't return.

There a new site on the way? Ô_o

Add Comment