User Avatar Image

Ok, the Last of Us looks COMPLETELY like TWD game

posted by george1120 on - last edited - Viewed by 754 users

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/09/the-last-of-us-vga-trailer

The characters, voices, fighting/killing, all the same. I hope they didn't base their game on TWD due to its success...

It looks like the girl will have to kill the main character. Also, it already looks as if the main priority is to protect the girl.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 40 seconds in, some guy speaking sounds a lot like Kenny.
    Kenny confirmed to have moved universes.

• @Sutinen said: That one girl looked like Christa..

She reminds me of Ellen page LOL. And Ellen is actually the character model and voice actor for the game Beyond Two Souls

• Personally, I can't wait for the alst of us to come out. I believe that anything related between them is completely coincidental. The Walking Dead game we first heard about literally a couple of months before the game came out. The Last Of Us, was announced at the 2011 Video Game Awards, and has been in development since before then. So anything they have in common is completely coincidental. The Last Of Us came before the game, so no, they didn't base it off the games success, because how would they know there would even be a game?

• @Ctn04132 said: She reminds me of Ellen page LOL. And Ellen is actually the character model and voice actor for the game Beyond Two Souls

he's talking about the black girl

• @Toasty said: Personally, I can't wait for the alst of us to come out. I believe that anything related between them is completely coincidental. The Walking Dead game we first heard about literally a couple of months before the game came out. The Last Of Us, was announced at the 2011 Video Game Awards, and has been in development since before then. So anything they have in common is completely coincidental. The Last Of Us came before the game, so no, they didn't base it off the games success, because how would they know there would even be a game?

part five came out nov 20. this trailer was being worked on according to naughty dog november 5 - december 3. Took an AWFULLY long time just for a trailer eh?

besides, the character models and voices could've been different during development and changed after TWD and for the trailer.

• @Sutinen said: That one girl looked like Christa..

I TOTALLY agree haha.

anyways, while the characters and relationship of them may have similarities, the way this game looks ( and it looks more of an action adventure/stealth game) it would be closer to activisions TWD, though neither have been released. just my thoughts. and it doesnt look like you can make choices like the ones in telltales.. so if anything, i dont think its COMPLETELY like TWD game. but i wont lie, this game looks pretty sweet, id try it out

• @george1120 said: part five came out nov 20. this trailer was being worked on according to naughty dog november 5 - december 3. Took an AWFULLY long time just for a trailer eh?

besides, the character models and voices could've been different during development and changed after TWD and for the trailer.

Yes, part 5 of the Walking Dead came out this year. The first trailer for The Last Of Us came out last year. During 2011.

• this is my new account since my friend got tired of the emails haha.

• A few similarities in story but major gameplay differences.

The Last of Us will be action adventure, with less of a focus on narrative (though I bet there'll be a healthy amount of cutscenes)

• last of us has beenin production for 4 yrs.

Add Comment