User Avatar Image

Why are comments disabled in the TTG blog? ("Blogs" section in this site)

posted by OMA on - last edited - Viewed by 646 users

I just noticed that the latest half a dozen blog posts have all 0 comments, which I thought it's very odd as every blog post in the past had lots of comments. So I've checked it out and I've effectively found out that there is no comments section anymore. Why is that?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tobar said: There a new site on the way? Ô_o

I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's been in development since 2010, if memory serves.

• One of the perks I got when becoming a mod was to actually get a chance to see the new site. It does exist.

• @Darth Marsden said: One of the perks I got when becoming a mod was to actually get a chance to see the new site. It does exist.

Are you sure you just didn't have a near-death experience due to extreme amounts of radiation, moving forward and glimpsing this "heaven" and assuming it to be an alternate universe where everything's turned out alright as opposed to the purgatory it truly is?

• Pretty sure. Heaven would have a 'view most recent post in thread' option.

• @GaryCXJk said: To be perfectly honest, I forgot we had a blog to look at.

And there's not even a blog about the VGAs!

The blog's been pretty sparse lately. Probably because Alan left a while ago and Telltale didn't get a new community manager until very recently.

On top of that, in an age with Facebook and Twitter (not to mention how Telltale's been getting more and more coverage by gaming journalists), the blog's probably not the best way for Telltale to deliver news anymore.

• I was kind of miffed about this. Would have been nice to get a say in the nomination blog posts for TWD, but I can see why TT disabled comments.

• Alan left?!

Sorry, I haven't been visiting the site much lately. What happened?

• From the perspective of we normal users, Alan just disappeared one day, no reason why. We were without a community lead for a while, but Puzzlebox is now in charge. We'll see what she can piece together.

• We were without a community lead for longer than you think. Alan's job hadn't been "community manager" for quite some time before he left (his last day was the first day of PAX, at the end of August), as he was working with marketing. For a good chunk of time, the mod team has had to work with the former support person, Michael Parks, who left about two weeks after Alan did, leaving us in the hands of Job, the new PR manager, and later MattP, the new support person, until Puzzlebox finally got hired on.

@Ribs said: Are you sure you just didn't have a near-death experience due to extreme amounts of radiation, moving forward and glimpsing this "heaven" and assuming it to be an alternate universe where everything's turned out alright as opposed to the purgatory it truly is?

I can vouch for his sanity. It exists. And I'm going to stop there before my opinions get me in trouble.

Add Comment