User Avatar Image

Unable to flip switch 9!

posted by sp0rtl1fe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Dear Telltale,

I have encountered a game stopping bug where in episode 3 on the train, after I activate switch 6 and 5 I head outside to the engine compartment to switch 9 it does not give me any interaction options. This is really a game stopper! I already tried rewinding but it keeps happening.

Please help me fix this.

11659417.jpg

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same issue for me :(
    Patch it please, sick of being stuck :(

• Same thing here. Before you begin all of the other steps to start the train you can interact with the switch just fine, except that it only allows you to turn it one way. Once all of the other steps are complete then you can no longer interact with the switch on panel 9 at all.

• I am having the exact same problem as everyone else. I set everything right with panel 6 and 5. I go to panel 9 and I have no cursor to activate it. I've replayed this multiple times and did rewind.

Not only is that a problem, but the notepad as well. After using the pencil and seeing how to start up the train, if I try to look at the notepad again, it glitches when I try to back out. I'd go to main menu and try to start up the game again, but it freezes and I have to hard boot my Xbox.

So switch 9 and the notepad have been a problem for me all night as I've been trying to find ways around it and I am completely unable to play now. =\

• I joined the forum to raise this exact same problem - I am unable to flip switch 9, and am at the point now that I do not want to keep restarting until I know it is patched.

Not only has this ruined the game experience by breaking it, but as I have had to look on the web for any solutions it has inevitably spoiled some of the game for me as I have had to read some spoilers - I did expect this to happen, but hoped I could at least fix it in the process, but no success.

This needs to be patched asap please!!!!!!!

• I thought this only happened to be but glad to see this has sprung up seeing as I always seem to find the game haulting glitches in many games(Borderlands 2, Skyrim, this game, etc.) Patch Please!

• @Minji said: I am having the exact same problem as everyone else. I set everything right with panel 6 and 5. I go to panel 9 and I have no cursor to activate it. I've replayed this multiple times and did rewind.

Not only is that a problem, but the notepad as well. After using the pencil and seeing how to start up the train, if I try to look at the notepad again, it glitches when I try to back out. I'd go to main menu and try to start up the game again, but it freezes and I have to hard boot my Xbox.

So switch 9 and the notepad have been a problem for me all night as I've been trying to find ways around it and I am completely unable to play now. =\

Same thing here with the notepad glitch. I thought I'd cheat the glitch by just not looking at the notepad anymore but maybe it is related to the switch 9 bug? I also tried rewinding 2 chapters and leaving lilly behind this time. Didn't make a difference.
    I'm not going to play anymore until Telltale fixes this.

• So now 2 topics full of people who are completely blocked from continuing there game. Telltale better get a solution for this fast because this is a far to serious bug to be ignored. I don't know if the latest patch has anything to do with it. I already tried deleting it but then you can't continue your save (probably because your save is on a higher game version after you played with the patch) So be warned, don't continue your game after clearing the xbox cache because it will reset you to the first episode (I was lucky I made a copy of my save game)

• @sp0rtl1fe said: Same thing here with the notepad glitch. I thought I'd cheat the glitch by just not looking at the notepad anymore but maybe it is related to the switch 9 bug? I also tried rewinding 2 chapters and leaving lilly behind this time. Didn't make a difference.
    I'm not going to play anymore until Telltale fixes this.

Same exact issue... and I just bought every episode at once. Its my first telltale game and this is pretty disappointing. Two days after buying a game I get a game-breaking glitch impossible to get by. Not only that but here is like 10 other people with the exact problem and not even a response. I wanted to play straight through, I wouldnt have bought all of these episodes if I knew I couldn't play half of them.

• Same here can't get switch 9 to turn.
    Interestingly this did work before the recent update but in my infinate wisdom i decided to rewind to try out some other verbal paths and of course I am now stuck here.

Add Comment