For background, I started with the walkingdead101.exe failed to start error, switched to win98/me compatibility as an administrator. All throughout episode one, I constantly backed up both prefs.prop files in documents and the Steam folder. I made it into episode two, however after the first autosave in episode two, I think that's where things went crazy. After quitting from episode two, my saves were gone and all I have now is a save from the beginning of episode one.
I just don't have the time nor the patience to play through episode one again. So I thought I would share what I found in my documents folder. Perhaps it has something to do with my save problem. The top Telltale folder emptier than the bottom one, and the bottom one has all of my saves.
I'm going to delete the top folder and I will try to restart. I'll post results here if anyone is interested.