User Avatar Image

Dealing with the bitten

posted by That1Guy on - last edited - Viewed by 241 users

Since there's been many mercy choices thorought the game, I wanted to know what other people did.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gave Irene the gun.

Left the girl - she was dead anyway and I needed the distraction.

Shot duck.

Had Clem shoot Lee.

• @DreadMagus said: Gave Irene the gun.

Left the girl - she was dead anyway and I needed the distraction.

Shot duck.

Had Clem shoot Lee.

Irene, Duck, and Lee were dead anyway and you could have saved the bullets :P

• Gave her the gun

Shot the girl

Shot Duck

Had Clem shoot Lee. The world has enough walkers in it already.

• @Rock114 said: Gave her the gun

Shot the girl

Shot Duck

Had Clem shoot Lee. The world has enough walkers in it already.

Same for me ;)

• @Arbitrator said: Gave Irene the gun.

Shot the girl in the street. Yeah, it would draw attention but... THOSE SCREAMS, man.
    I shot Duck. Making Kenny do it would tip the man over the edge.

Had Clem shoot me. I doubt she'd be able to shake the knowledge Lee was chained in some cellar as a zombie. long-term it was best.

You have less time to collect stuff from the chemist. It is possible to collect enough that you still get "You collected a lot of stuff" and the "This will see us through the winter" line from Lilly.

This.

• @Ghositex said: Irene, Duck, and Lee were dead anyway and you could have saved the bullets :P

I didn't need them for a distraction.

Besides, I made an effort to "save" Irene. Leaving her after that would have been cruel.

Duck was part of the team.

And Clem needed to learn how to put down "friends" - Lee's death was a sacrifice to improve her chances of survival.

"The Girl" - letting her die bloody gave me a chance to help feed my people. Sucked to be her. Wrong place, wrong time.

• Irene: Didn't give her the gun. This is still one of the early days in the apocalypse. From Lee's perspective, he didn't want people to give up already. He didn't fully understand the infection, and wasn't ready at that point to give someone a gun to end their life.

Beatrice: Left her in the street. An awful act, but she was bitten and I had to think about everyone back at the motel. If I shot her, that would instantly draw all the walkers in Macon on me and Kenny while we tried to get supplies.

Duck: I shot him. By this point, Lee understands what is going on in the world. They can't just leave the little boy to become a walker, and he wasn't going to make one of the kid's parents do it.

Lee: Clementine shot him. Personally, I think it'd be more emotionally devastating for Clem to leave knowing that Lee was going to come back as one of the walkers, especially after just having seen her parents in the street as walkers.

• Didn't give Irene the gun. - I wouldn't let her give up... plus it was still early in the apocalypse. I wouldn't change my decision now either.

Shot the girl in the street. - Losing morality for survival means one step closer to becoming the next St. Johns/Crawford/Bandits, and i refuse to let that happen.

Shot Duck. - No parent should have to kill their own child.

Clem shot Lee. - Becoming a walker is a fate worse than death, and one that Lee shouldn't have to go through.

The difference in the first and last decisions for me are how it happens. Killing yourself so you won't turn just feels wrong to me...

• I didn't give Irene the gun because I didn't know how the infection worked and thought I could save her
    I shot the girl because she was being ripped apart and it was the kindest thing to do
    I shot Duck because even though myself and Kenny disagreed I couldn't let him kill his own Son
    I left Lee because Clem couldn't waste a single bullet on me Lee was handcuffed and it wasn't worth it

Add Comment