User Avatar Image

Episode 3 glitch...nothing fixes it!

posted by Skyblue03 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I just started playing the Walking Dead over the weekend, and I've been addicted ever since! I had no issues at all with episodes 1 or 2, but I've been stuck at the same glitch in episode 3 for 2 days now. When Lee & Kenny are trying to get the train running and Lee has found the notepad with the instructions on it. When I select the console, I can select section 6, but I cannot select section 5 to move the knob on the left. I have rewound the game numerous times, and even redownloaded it twice, but every time I am running in to this same glitch. It's getting very frustrating to be stuck on such an easy step in the game.
Any suggestions to fix this glitch? I want to keep playing this game!

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @mpitts said: I have also done all of this to no avail.

This is obviously an issue with the game and needs to be resolved. There are a number of people stuck in the exact same spot.

Please help!

I'm stuck on switch 9 as well, although really the problem seems to begin with reading the note. GAH! I bought episode 3 a few weeks ago and TODAY is the day I decide to play it.

• I am also stuck at this point :( Any workarounds?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

This appears to be a new issue unrelated to the initial thread subject, and we are now looking into it.

After activating switches 6 and 5 and heading to switch 9, can you back out and continue to move around the train?

• @MattP said: This appears to be a new issue unrelated to the initial thread subject, and we are now looking into it.

After activating switches 6 and 5 and heading to switch 9, can you back out and continue to move around the train?

Yes as long as you don't try looking at the notepad while interacting with the console.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what episodes you have installed? Do you have all 5 or just 1-3?

• @MattP said: Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what episodes you have installed? Do you have all 5 or just 1-3?

1 thru 3

• The issue seems to start after reading the note. Hitting B does not back out of the note properly. I can continue to look around, but I cannot move freely. I have episodes 1 - 3 installed.

• I'm jumping in because I'm having the same problem. The notepad screws everything up. You can fiddle with the number 9 switch before you decipher the notepad. However, once you use the pencil on the pad you're screwed, even if you complete switches 5,6 without looking at the pad(if u look at the pad it glitches out and you cannot exit the pad) the number 9 switch is not selectable no selectable circle. This has been going on for 2 days now. I've been playing for a week or so, only downloaded episode 1 thru 3. Something happened when Telltale issued an update on Monday morning, something with the update caused it too glitch out. I say this because i played this same part on sunday night(East coast time)around midnight. I started the train with no problems but i quit right after that before disconnecting the car and it didn't save the engine starting. started up on Monday, and there was an update for the game. So i completed the download and began playing when this problem kept reoccurring, rewinding also doesn't help. Restarted the whole episode to no avail .

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

I have another couple questions:

Did you take or leave Lily?
    Did you install the latest Title Update that was released this past weekend?

Thank you for your patience while we figure this out.

• I took lily. I talk about the update in my previous post

Add Comment