User Avatar Image

Unable to flip switch 9!

posted by sp0rtl1fe on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Dear Telltale,

I have encountered a game stopping bug where in episode 3 on the train, after I activate switch 6 and 5 I head outside to the engine compartment to switch 9 it does not give me any interaction options. This is really a game stopper! I already tried rewinding but it keeps happening.

Please help me fix this.

11659417.jpg

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

We have not encountered this issue before, but we are looking into it.

After activating switches 6 and 5 and heading to switch 9, can you back out and continue to move around the train? Did you have any issues with the notepad instructions in the cab before activating any switches?

• I also sent them an email about it at support@telltalegames.com.
    I sent it yesterday but they haven't replied today. Not even that they recognise it or are looking into it or something. Nor did they say something on this forum. Not the best customer care if you ask me.
    Maybe if everyone here emails them we get there attention more quickly.

• When interacting with the console, if you look at the instructions, you will become unable to interact with the switches. If you go ahead and memorize the switch placements, after activating 6 and 5, switch 9 is no longer available to interact with. When the cursor is on the switch, nothing comes up. I have back up and changed my interactions with people in previous sections. I have talked to everybody and interacted with everything that you can interact with, but nothing makes switch 9 available.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what episodes you have installed? Do you have all 5 or just 1-3?

• @MattP said: Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what episodes you have installed? Do you have all 5 or just 1-3?

1 thru 3

I realize I'm posting in multiple threads I'm just trying to help find a solution to this issue.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

That's alright, I appreciate the quick response. We do have an unconfirmed theory that we are now testing and hopefully will have an update soon.

• No Joke I am in the EXACT same situation as you.

• @jluton said: When interacting with the console, if you look at the instructions, you will become unable to interact with the switches. If you go ahead and memorize the switch placements, after activating 6 and 5, switch 9 is no longer available to interact with. When the cursor is on the switch, nothing comes up. I have back up and changed my interactions with people in previous sections. I have talked to everybody and interacted with everything that you can interact with, but nothing makes switch 9 available.

I have the exact same situation. I also have 1 - 3 installed.

• Same issue here, i've been through this section four times now. Twice i glitched when looking at the notepad and then after memorizing the note, the icon on switch 9 was not there. (even though it was there before interacting with the notepad)
    I also have only Eps 1-3 installed.

• @MattP said: That's alright, I appreciate the quick response. We do have an unconfirmed theory that we are now testing and hopefully will have an update soon.

That's very nice to hear. Please keep us updated Matt. Communication is greatly appreciated.

Add Comment