User Avatar Image

The X-Men Thread

posted by MaconMajr on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

This thing has been on my mind for a very long time.

I am an X-Men fan.

Since the premiere of the animated series in 1992.

I studied the comic chronlogy next a few years later

Then in 2000, when the first movie premiered, I thought it was so-so.

But after seeing it a second time on FOX, I came to enjoy it.

Then I waited for X2 X-Men United. Saw it. Liked it.

Then came the day X3 came out...:(

I was greatly disappointed. Instead of providing a worthy trilogy, Fox had to go and muck it all up.

The only good thing was the casting of Kelsey Grammar as Henry McCoy/Beast

Didn't bother with Origins Wolverine. And when it began to be TV aired, I only wanted to see Taylor Kitsch as one of my favorite X-characters Gambit.

I probably am one of the people (of a great many fans) that bears a serious grudge of the X-Men films being reduced quality storytelling.

Last year I decided to swallow my pride and give X-Men First Class a chance...

My faith had been restored (slightly about 70-75%). Yet, X3 still has left a scar on my soul.

Then, I discovered fan tales and became intrigued to writing.

Over the years, I have accumulated many ideas of media I've deemed worthy.

Some ideas lasted, others not so much.

One, is if we bend reality for a moment and I was a director with a few films under my belt, I had directed or written the third X-Men film

The process was long and the story idea changed numerous times. But after seeing First Class, I planned a final draft and hope others would find it worthy.

For the stuff I would keep: Kelsey Grammar as Beast, Beast intro and flipping from ceiling; President, Staff and McCoy discuss the hunt for Magneto.
Bill Duke as Secretary Bolivar Trask, Magneto building an army, Magneto destroying convoy, Jean becoming Phoenix, and the final battle of epic proportions.

My stuff: Cyclops, struggling with leadership role and feelings for Jean; Rogue begins getting a crush on newcomer Remy LeBeau/Gambit; Rogue gains new abilities (super strength, durability and flight; from delayed reaction of Magneto's machine in the first film; Plot Point Saved:cool:

For some of the following I took a shine to Michael Doughtery's planned X3 and found it a vast improvement. So, Jean becomes Phoenix and wants to end the war between mutants and humans on her own terms.

And for the antagonists other than Magento's brotherhood, one word:

SENTINELS

Created by the massive robot MASTER MOLD, Dr. Valerie Cooper and Trask wish to use them as a police effort to contain the more hostile mutants.
Of course, we all know from Asimov's infamous tale what will happen.

I just wanted to get this out in the open. Please give opinions and questions about what I have planned:)

And I almost forgot the title X3 X-MEN THE FINAL JUDGMENT

The title means the X-Men finally being judged by others (viewers and readers) as becoming the full fledged team they are well known for.

72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Your plot doesn't justify this title, cool as it is.[/QUOTE]

Well I am open to alternative titles. I want one that's fitting yet does not signify the end

Phoenix Rising is way to obvious :rolleyes:

Suggestions are welcome

• Hey there, everyone.

Over the past couple of months, if any have been reading my threads, that I am a very passionate person about my interests.

With the previous X-Men fic thread I started...

The scar of X3 is still on my heart :(

So much talent and story, plus a worthy ...
    WASTED:mad:
    SQUANDERED:mad::mad:
    TAINTED:mad::mad::mad:

Upon seeing First Class renewed my hope, slightly
    So, as with others, I plan to write a X-3 fic that will at least give me peace.

At first, in 07-08, my original drafts were chunky and featured too many characters and a muddled story.

After seeing First Class, I redone everything, keeping the parts from the movie I did like and let my creativity take care of the rest.

Now, I see various errors and am redoing it right this time.
    I plan to use a clean slate, with nothing tieing from that awful movie.

A plan is working out as we speak, but I need your help...

First, I apologize to those whom my words may have offended, I am a passionate person, I stick by my beliefs and let no one tell me differently.

Here's some bits and pieces that will take place:

Bending reality, it is around 2004-2005 and I am a director with some films under my belt.

X-Men and X2 are cannon.

- Jean Grey returns as Phoenix
    - Cyclops struggles with emotions as X-Man and individual
    - Gambit will star in this (Taylor Kitsch)
    - Sentinels and Master Mold
    - Magneto will not have a large army but a small one compossed of
    powerful mutants. (This was no easy task, I spent days, a couple of weeks
    finding worthy candidates for Magneto's Brotherhood. Plus, it wasn't easy with the time frame)
    - What I keep from my previous draft, is the fate I have of Magneto (a la Uncanny X-Men #150) where hyped up, he lashes out and kills a young mutant of his Brotherhood, who tries to stop him from killing President McKenna. The action finally shows him what kind of man he has become and is emotionally destroyed. Plus, DarthMarsden liked my ending where Magneto is sitting in a park somewhere in civilian attire (much like the end of X3) at a chess board. He just sits pondering his life and rethinking most of everything.
    A senior gentlemen sits down and asks for a game. It is revealed that the man has a number tattooed on his arm, just like him. As they start the game, they make small talk and the tale will close with;
    Man: Thinking about the future?
    Magneto (pauses, then gives a small smile): Something like that

See, now for me, that is the perfect way for Magneto to be relieved as antagonist for the X-films and use other villains.

I'd like more imput from others.
    I am asking for support and anything you would like to see, within reason.

Now I have the perfect title for this supposed movie, it doesn't signify the end, or does it?

X3 X-MEN PRELUDE TO WAR :cool:

• I know sod all about X-Men but you've inspired me to re-write all the films I hate and only consider a film canon if I like it. Thanks!

• @looby said: you've inspired me to re-write all the films I hate and only consider a film canon if I like it. Thanks!

Subtle. =\

What is wrong with people enjoying a franchise and wanting to ignore the bits that suck or make no sense??

So... because some moron wrote a book about The Legend of Zelda lore, it includes a split timeline which employs a Hero-of-Time-dies timeline, and Nintendo approved said book... then I must accept it as irrefutable fact, shut up and deal with it.

Umm... No? No, I don't. Especially when statements made by Zelda's creator, himself, are contradictory to common sense.

If he doesn't like certain aspects of the movies, he doesn't have to. And you don't have to be a jerk.

• @Chyron8472 said: Subtle. =\

What is wrong with people enjoying a franchise and wanting to ignore the bits that suck or make no sense??

There's a Star Wars joke here somewhere.

• Yes, but Lucas no longer owns Star Wars. Disney is quite capable of giving the fans what they want by releasing remastered, non-SE versions of the original Original Trilogy.

So arguing about whether Lucas' word is law re: Star Wars is irrelevant at this point because he no longer owns it.

• @looby said: I know sod all about X-Men but you've inspired me to re-write all the films I hate and only consider a film canon if I like it. Thanks!

Awww gee Thanks:D

I'm just getting off the ground with writing but the ideas in my head are cookin. Thnx for considering me "an inspiration"

PS I plan to do the same with DAREDEVIL; both FANTASTIC FOUR's; both PUNISHER's; the third BLADE and the third SPIDER-MAN; and GHOST RIDER.

No offense to the any fans of these films but in my honest opinion, they oculd have been done better.

• @Chyron8472 said: Disney is quite capable of giving the fans what they want by releasing remastered, non-SE versions of the original Original Trilogy.

Not if what Lucas was saying about irrevocably altering all the master footage is true, derp!

As for X3, I never saw it, based on the terrible things my friends said about it, but I would rather the X-Men franchise start over again rather then continue to try to fit things in with the Bryan Singer movies.

• @Scnew said: Not if what Lucas was saying about irrevocably altering all the master footage is true, derp!

Harmy's Star Wars: Despecialized Edition fan edits come to mind. And he doesn't own ILM.

Add Comment