User Avatar Image

Why the hell wouldn't you let Clementine shoot ****?

posted by Chrizza on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users

Letting her live with the thought that Lee turned into a walker because she didn't do anything is by far more disturbing than letting her kill him.

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The way I see it, innocence in that world is dead. Clem knows Lee is dead whether or not she shoots him. She will be emotionally scarred by it all the same, either way. The questions ISN'T what will least emotionally scar her. It won't make a difference. The logic behind making a noise is null and void because they are locked in, in case anyone missed that. And as far as wasting bullets, its not like she'd go walking through a field of walkers again. If she has zombie problems, she'll need more than what's in that one little clip, so one bullet won't make a difference. Avoiding them is and always has been the best way to deal with them. Plus, the argument is null due to the scene after the scene after the credits.

What's really matters is what kind of change you want Clem to make. And that depends on the kind of morals you crafted Lee with. It turns into what you wanted to teach Clem the entire time. Her innocence is gone, period. So what do you want for her? To be merciful? To be hopeful? What morals strike you as most important?

Believe it or not, at the end of the series, it's not about what you think is best for Clem. It's what you want Clem to think is best for herself.

• The final ambiguous decision to be rationalized and passionately argued either way. My Clem shot my Lee because, in our little universe, it was the right thing to do.

• It matters more to me about Clem than Lee
    Lee was harmless and would just chomp away at the security guard till the end
    Clem may rely on that bullet to save her life

She has killed 1 'father figure' that day and as unhinged as he was Clem still talked to him and must have had feelings

She couldn't do it and didn't have to

• a waste of bullets everyone knows we have an infinte amount of them.

• Tell her to left Lee - it's the last thing Lee could done for Clementine. Tell her to shot Lee - it's the last thing Lee could done for himself.

• Shooting Lee offered Clementine some closure, it would have been horrible to go on knowing the one you loved so much is now a monster. It's not only for Clementine's sake too, it's for Lee's... No one wants to be a walker, I wouldn't want some virus using my body as a walking killing machine either.

• If anyone has read TWD comic, you would understand how absolutely necessary it is for Clem to mercy kill Lee. Its a cut-throat, dirty world out there, she needs to be ruthless... but also equally caring. Its her coming-of-age in a bleak new era of humanity. What if she had to do this to someone else she loved? She'd have to learn this lesson all over again. Give her the chance and she'll become stronger for it, after all, Lee was already dying regardless.

Its how characters like Rick, Carl, comic-Andrea, Michonne and Abraham have survived for as long as they have. You cannot deal with these problems as if they have moral or ethical attachments to it or if she has a social status because she's only nine years old; these problems do not have a place in a world where social structure has already been de-constructed. This is why so many characters in TWD have been thinned out by natural selection; TWD isn't a first world planet any more, it is a third world planet.

• @FootDive said: If anyone has read TWD comic, you would understand how absolutely necessary it is for Clem to mercy kill Lee. Its a cut-throat, dirty world out there, she needs to be ruthless... but also equally caring. Its her coming-of-age in a bleak new era of humanity. What if she had to do this to someone else she loved? She'd have to learn this lesson all over again. Give her the chance and she'll become stronger for it, after all, Lee was already dying regardless.

Its how characters like Rick, Carl, comic-Andrea, Michonne and Abraham have survived for as long as they have. You cannot deal with these problems as if they have moral or ethical attachments to it or if she has a social status because she's only nine years old; these problems do not have a place in a world where social structure has already been de-constructed. This is why so many characters in TWD have been thinned out by natural selection; TWD isn't a first world planet any more, it is a third world planet.

I love the comic and agree with this all the way.

• I didn't want her to go through with it and have to live with herself. Same with Kenny/Kat and Duck.

Besides I was chained to the heater and harmless.

• As soon as that entire scene was playing out, I kept thinking that this room might be revisited somehow, and that I didn't want Walker Lee accidentally killing Omid and Christie or future protagonists.

My decision was based purely on the potential this room might have in season two or a future part of the episode. I won't know for sure if I'll be happy with my decisions until I see what it does for Clem and others in the end.

It really makes you think, doesn't it?

Add Comment