User Avatar Image

Unable to flip switch 9!

posted by sp0rtl1fe on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Dear Telltale,

I have encountered a game stopping bug where in episode 3 on the train, after I activate switch 6 and 5 I head outside to the engine compartment to switch 9 it does not give me any interaction options. This is really a game stopper! I already tried rewinding but it keeps happening.

Please help me fix this.

11659417.jpg

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Eddie, yes if you download 4 or 5 or both, confirm they are installed, and then restart your xbox, you will be able to continue past this point.

• Thank you for looking into this Matt. Does your team plan on fixing this in the future for the people who might not be able to purchase all the episodes at once?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

We are still investigating the cause of this issue. Luckily our QA team was able to determine a quick and simple workaround, but I do understand your concern. Hopefully we can isolate the cause of this problem in the near future.

• Cheers guys, i downloaded ep 4, restarted my xbox and it worked. Thanks for the speedy help.

• @MattP said: We are still investigating the cause of this issue. Luckily our QA team was able to determine a quick and simple workaround, but I do understand your concern. Hopefully we can isolate the cause of this problem in the near future.

I'll try it too.

• don't really have any choice but to buy more content to fix my game, releasing a patch can take a long time, im not happy about this at all, episode 3 was laggy and "glitchy" up till it got game breaking... buying more doesn't feel good

• Matt, thats the ticket. you have to have at least 4 downloaded

• @MattP said: Eddie, yes if you download 4 or 5 or both, confirm they are installed, and then restart your xbox, you will be able to continue past this point.

Alright I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thanks for the workaround.

Edit: it worked for me :)

• @MattP said: We are still investigating the cause of this issue. Luckily our QA team was able to determine a quick and simple workaround, but I do understand your concern. Hopefully we can isolate the cause of this problem in the near future.

Well that's just great, except I don't have episodes 4 and 5. And quite frankly, why should I need to buy them to play the content I've purchased. I was enjoying the game until this, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that I can't keep playing.

Matt - can you let me (and the others here) know when a fix will be available please? If it's not coming in the next few days, I'd like to know how I go about getting a refund or getting episodes 4 and 5 for free to make my ep 3 work. Thanks.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Unfortunately a fix will not be coming in the next few days. If you'd like to inquire about a refund, you will need to contact Microsoft's Xbox Support.

Add Comment