User Avatar Image

Episode 3- Only 42% left Lilly behind?

posted by JakeBlues on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

After she shoots Carly in the face? Really? What possible reason would people have for keeping her? I had been looking for a way to get rid of her since the drugstore.

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was hoping it wasn't canon/a forced decision to have Carley die and I replayed that chapter a good three times to test out different options (I had opted to abstain the first time; second time, I blamed myself, etc.).

After a while I got the idea there was nothing I could do. As pissed as I was at Lilly, she was a decent shot and knew how to handle herself. I was a wimp with most of the decisions too so keeping Lilly kind of went along with Lee being a saint.

We all know it really doesn't matter if you keep her anyway, but still. Being under the illusion that she'll at least be somewhat helpful especially since Lee bailed her out.

I really wish leaving Ben had been an option. Not a popular choice but dah whelp.

• @JakeBlues said: After she shoots Carly in the face? Really? What possible reason would people have for keeping her? I had been looking for a way to get rid of her since the drugstore.

TBH it was solely because Lilly alone seemed like it would violate comic canon, no way she could've survived long enough to get to woodsbury. I would've left her had I known that they retconned her into not being the same Lilly.

• @CharmingBirch said:
    We all know it really doesn't matter if you keep her anyway, but still.

I don't know. What happens if you don't leave her?

• Let's not forget about Doug =/

I let her back in because the moment she shot him you could see on her face that she knew she had made a huge mistake. And I didn't feel angry at her, just extremely frustrated over the loss of my only friend. And I couldn't blame her for doing it, her behavior on episode 3 was the consequence of all the events (especially her father's death) that were happening at those moments and it didn't surprise me that she actually broke down. I was only surprised by the fact that she reached a point where she thought killing someone on the group would solve our problems, but she seemed to regret that enough...

@JakeBlues said: I don't know. What happens if you don't leave her?

When you enter the RV to get the pencil in order to do the leaf-thingy and get the instructions to start the train, after you pick it up and turn around, Lilly is standing there. Depending on how you treated her, she offers you to get the RV and get out of there. If you say "Yes", she'll tell you to go get Clementine, but when you get to Clem, Lilly steals the RV, and if you say "No", she'll push you out and steal the RV as well.

• I guess the main reason for keeping her is pity. After all that she has been through in ep 2 and 3, she finally cracked and shot an innocent woman, but i think its more a tragedy than something to be angry about. I guess many people just couldnt leave a woman to die on the side of the road.

I wasnt one of those people :P

• If Lilly had shot Ben, and I found out later on about what Ben did. I would have forgiven her easily.

• @JakeBlues said: After she shoots Carly in the face? Really? What possible reason would people have for keeping her? I had been looking for a way to get rid of her since the drugstore.

Maybe because my Lee was interested in her? :rolleyes:

• @JakeBlues said: After she shoots Carly in the face?

For me, she shot Doug.

• @JakeSt123 said: For me, she shot Doug.

Yes, I was just going by the percentages. I remember from Ep. 1 that a large percentage chose to save the hot chick over the chubby nerd.

• @Wrighty said: I guess the main reason for keeping her is pity. After all that she has been through in ep 2 and 3, she finally cracked and shot an innocent woman, but i think its more a tragedy than something to be angry about. I guess many people just couldnt leave a woman to die on the side of the road.

I wasnt one of those people :P

The fact that she snapped under the pressure is the main reason to leave her behind. She can't be trusted and is susceptible to snapping again and killing another innocent person.

After the episode, I thought for sure the number of people leaving her behind would be in the 70%+ range. It may have been due to the choices I made, but I was extremely happy when her father died and spent the rest of the time trying to undermine and get rid of her, but the game wouldn't allow it.

Now I can't wait to get rid of Ben...

Add Comment