User Avatar Image

Why are comments disabled in the TTG blog? ("Blogs" section in this site)

posted by OMA on - last edited - Viewed by 261 users

I just noticed that the latest half a dozen blog posts have all 0 comments, which I thought it's very odd as every blog post in the past had lots of comments. So I've checked it out and I've effectively found out that there is no comments section anymore. Why is that?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We were without a community lead for longer than you think. Alan's job hadn't been "community manager" for quite some time before he left (his last day was the first day of PAX, at the end of August), as he was working with marketing. For a good chunk of time, the mod team has had to work with the former support person, Michael Parks, who left about two weeks after Alan did, leaving us in the hands of Job, the new PR manager, and later MattP, the new support person, until Puzzlebox finally got hired on.

    @Ribs said: Are you sure you just didn't have a near-death experience due to extreme amounts of radiation, moving forward and glimpsing this "heaven" and assuming it to be an alternate universe where everything's turned out alright as opposed to the purgatory it truly is?

    I can vouch for his sanity. It exists. And I'm going to stop there before my opinions get me in trouble.

  • Wow, this is quite shocking. Alan seemed nice enough, although I'm happy for puzzlebox and company for their new jobs.

    It truly surprises me that he just left. Was he not liked around here? Maybe the pressure of having to deal with TT's deadlines and the fans demands was too much for him?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iB9M0LMJtyk#t=23s

  • @Trenchfoot said: Wow, this is quite shocking. Alan seemed nice enough, although I'm happy for puzzlebox and company for their new jobs.

    It truly surprises me that he just left. Was he not liked around here? Maybe the pressure of having to deal with TT's deadlines and the fans demands was too much for him?



    From what I'm told, he left in part because of things going on in his personal life and in part because he had another opportunity, though I don't know where. As far as I know, it had nothing to do with anybody not liking him or anything about Telltale itself.

    But we only get very vague details on this stuff, so don't hold me to any of this.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: From what I'm told, he left in part because of things going on in his personal life and in part because he had another opportunity, though I don't know where.



    His twitter seems to suggest he's working for Activision now, doing PR for Call of Duty. :)

  • @Ribs said: His twitter seems to suggest he's working for Activision now, doing PR for Call of Duty. :)



    Ew...I'd rather stick with TellTale, myself.

  • Oh, well at least it was not a community thing. Glad to hear that.

    I imagine it must've been hard for him to decide but probably Activison could afford to pay him more and sadly in this economy that's a priority.

    I do hope he does well, though.

  • @Shadowknight1 said: Ew...I'd rather stick with TellTale, myself.



    From what I've seen here the last months the CoD fans might be easier to handle.

  • User Avatar Image
    OMA

    I see. Thanks for all your replies. Maybe they could only disable comments for not registered users, so you'd have to log in to post a comment. In sites I manage I've seen that seems to stop most impulse rage posters and trolls ;)

  • That's how the new site will be, but with all the effort going into the new site, it's apparently not worth diverting resources to add a feature like that to the old site.

Add Comment