User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead for PS Vita ?

posted by deejay214 on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

Hi,
I was wondering if there was going to be a Vita version of the walking dead game. I played it on ps3 and enjoyed it a lot. With the vita's choice of controls. it seems like it would be great to interact and play the game on the system. It has the power to run a little scaled down version of the ps3 game. I saw somewhere that it was available on the Ipad too.
So it's a question and a request - The Walking Dead on the PS Vita please.......????

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Personally, if I had a Playstation Vita, I would want it on there. But I don't think they have the time to do that.

• @Toasty said: Personally, if I had a Playstation Vita, I would want it on there. But I don't think they have the time to do that.

I know. But if they had the time to do the game do it works for iOS then surely they can do it for the vita.

• @hillzskillz said: I know. But if they had the time to do the game do it works for iOS then surely they can do it for the vita.

Actually, now that I think about it. If the Playstation Vita has similar code to the PS3, then they could do it. Not sure if they do have similar code, but it could.

• @Toasty said: Actually, now that I think about it. If the Playstation Vita has similar code to the PS3, then they could do it. Not sure if they do have similar code, but it could.

Exactly aha

• hello, my name is jeff and i am new to site.
    will there ever be a psvita version, the handheld has more than enough power to run it.

• @omegax360 said: hello, my name is jeff and i am new to site.
    will there ever be a psvita version, the handheld has more than enough power to run it.

Really hope so. Telltale made the game avalible on the iPod/ iPhone/ iPad. So surely they can do it for the PS VITA

• I have serious doubts about the viability of touch controls. For me, trying to tap a small, specific region of the screen doesn't always work; I rarely end up hitting the point I want (This goes for keyboard use in the portrait orientation as well); mostly with web browsing, I have to significantly zoom in to tap a link or button. Not only this, but because my damn thumb is in the way, I can't see exactly what I'm tapping, or drag with any precision. In addition, I tried to play the Android ports of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Terry Cavanaugh's Don't Look Back and found that on-screen buttons and controls for action games tend to be finicky and unresponsive; granted, coming from playing with console controllers, keyboards, and mice, I have a certain preference for tactile feedback and physical buttons, so I may just not be acclimated to these controls, but my first impression was a horrid, unfun experience.

On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy Note and Note 2 phones have the S-Pen at their disposal, giving much-needed precision to single-finger touch gaming. The S-Pen made my experience with Eufloria HD enjoyable; I didn't have to continually zoom in and out to effectively select asteroids and perform commands.

• @MattP said: We are not currently planning to release The Walking Dead on the Vita, but I also do not believe it's been discussed. I will make sure to mention your support for the idea to our Production team.

Thank you :) I really hope it does go through into production as its a brilliant game an would be the best launch on the Vita

• Can't believe my original post has caused so many others to think the same thing. Keep it up guys! Really need Telltale to pick up on this as it is such a brilliant game!

• Isn't the PS Vita selling worse than the Dreamcast?

Add Comment